Author Topic: The COVID-19 Pandemic: What's happening in your part of the world?  (Read 12263 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5324
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The COVID-19 Pandemic: What's happening in your part of the world?
« Reply #360 on: October 28, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
There's been some shipping issues with USPS in the next state over from me lately..
One package with zip code is 30823 has been missing for 2 weeks; no scan between Oct. 14-Oct. 21, then nothing since, and the other missing package destination zip code is 30824 has had no scan since Oct. 21 so I assume both packages pass through the same Georgia distribution center ..
I advised the buyer to contact their local post office's Postmaster or Supervisor and give them your tracking number so they can investigate where your package is from their end while I have a Service Request (Tracer) placed on the missing package from my end.

They of course say it's Covid related and I'm sure that's a part of it but I've shipped items from Maine to Puerto Rico and all the way to the west coast recently with no problems other than an extra day or two so I think there's some apathetic employee related issues going on contributing to these ridiculous delays ::)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #361 on: October 28, 2020, 08:23:37 PM »
Cross posting here, in case anyone was curious.

In Mandalorian news, I now have a baby yoda bobble-head in my cockpit in Star Wars Squadrons. Very happy about that.

In Covid news, I have returned to work on a TV show.  Lucas was curious what precautions we are taking, so here we go:

The set is separated into three different zones: red, yellow, and green. People with green zone clearance never come inside. They pretty much just stay out with the trucks and trailers. Yellow zone clearance means you can work on set, but not when the actors are on the set without masks. Once red zone is activated, you’re kicked out to what is deemed a safe distance away. Red zone are crew who have to be around the actors when they have their masks off. When red zone is active and if you’re within 20’, you have to wear goggles or a face shield in addition to a KN95 mask. Yellow zone crew can get by with cloth masks.

Yellow zone crew are tested once a week. Red zone are tested three times a week. I happen to be red zone.

Lunch is very different. Instead of the usual buffet style catering, it’s all boxed and handed to you.  Then we sit one person at either end of long folding tables. We are also not allowed to grab our own snacks. The people in charge of the snacks (craft services) have to hand them to us.

So yes, things are different. But it’s not as different as I thought. People still have to get fairly close to each other at times. It’s unavoidable unfortunately. There is a person on set whose responsibility is Covid compliance. But that person does not have to have any medical training, which same people have taken issue with. So far most people are happily compliant, except some people with the face shields.

It feels fairly safe.  However, we were shut down for four days because someone tested positive.  We all were made to leave the building we were in and separate into our zones in a field across the road, and we were not told why for about 10 minutes. It was real weird.  We don’t know who, but it must have been someone close to the talent.  They did their contract tracing, shut us down for a few days, and rescheduled some things.  We start shooting again tomorrow.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »
Well our infection rate looks like a J right now, so we're back in Lockdown. This was announced 4 hours ago. 2 hours ago, the stores were almost out of Toilet Paper.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:40 AM »
My parents requested that I get tested before coming out to their place for Thanksgiving..
So I went to our local DHEC This past Thursday Nov. 19
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AZcofnhm-g4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AZcofnhm-g4</a>
Got the results yesterday (Sunday) and they were Negative :highfive:

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7442
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2020, 06:40:52 AM »
please don't travel. even if your test is negative, you might've been infected at any point after the test was taken.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #365 on: November 26, 2020, 03:04:27 PM »
I can't believe some of the replies I've seen on Facebook to people saying to say home, 'not living in fear' seems to be the overriding sentiment like you can macho away a deadly illness or something

...AND THAT THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE THING STILL HAPPENED?!?!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2020, 06:24:45 PM »
Decided to stop by a local restaurant after work today to pick up a meal to go and not 1 person was wearing a mask. .
All of the employees were and I was and I remember thinking how out of place I felt and thinking this is the perfect setup for a super spreader and just wanted to get my meal and get the fuck out of there  :scared:

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2020, 07:10:21 PM »
Just found out my former boss died of COVID. He was only a few years older than me and always kept in perfect shape. No lung or heart conditions that I ever heard about. Corona just hit him like a ton of bricks and now he's gone.

The moral to that story is to stay safe. Nobody can be sure they won't die of COVID.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2020, 03:11:24 PM »
One of our supervisors apparently tested positive for Covid today.. She's been hacking and coughing for quite some time as she suffers from chronic bronchitis and pneumonia. She was tested a week back and was fine but her doctor prescribed a Z-Pak for 5 days and she seemed to improve with less frequent coughing attacks until today..
PERFECT!! :angry:
It's possible she got a false positive so we're awaiting a followup test result.
One of my coworkers suffers from Asthma and she's decided to call out and get tested so her results won't be in till before Christmas and then she's on vacation but she calls me having a panic attack because she's convinced she's going to catch it from her.
As of now I am not planning to alter my work routine. I take a bottle of water with Elderberry juice mixed in daily and I'm also taking Dayquil & Nyquil for the time being.
All this happening at the worst possible time before Christmas :-[

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2020, 06:18:00 PM »
I can't believe some of the replies I've seen on Facebook to people saying to say home, 'not living in fear' seems to be the overriding sentiment like you can macho away a deadly illness or something

Idiots don't seem to understand, we don't care if they get themselves sick. We care that, in doing so, they get other people (including non-idiots) sick.

The masks aren't to prevent you from getting COVID, they're to prevent you from giving other people COVID. I just have to wonder, how much illness could have been avoided if Donald Trump had ever just publicly stated this fact even once, instead of trying to portray a "strong man who isn't afraid of COVID".

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #370 on: December 20, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
One of our supervisors apparently tested positive for Covid today.. She's been hacking and coughing for quite some time as she suffers from chronic bronchitis and pneumonia. She was tested a week back and was fine but her doctor prescribed a Z-Pak for 5 days and she seemed to improve with less frequent coughing attacks until today..
PERFECT!! :angry:
It's possible she got a false positive so we're awaiting a followup test result.
One of my coworkers suffers from Asthma and she's decided to call out and get tested so her results won't be in till before Christmas and then she's on vacation but she calls me having a panic attack because she's convinced she's going to catch it from her.
As of now I am not planning to alter my work routine. I take a bottle of water with Elderberry juice mixed in daily and I'm also taking Dayquil & Nyquil for the time being.
All this happening at the worst possible time before Christmas :-[
Discussed this with my coworker further yesterday and we've decided we're not going into work most of this week due to the close exposure we had with the supervisor throughout that day until we get tested and the results of the test come back.
So far I feel fine but I'm planning on going back to the local DHEC to get a second test done and the results will take up to 3 days to come back so I'll be staying home until after Christmas at least.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2021, 06:37:54 AM »
So I have two positive tests for COVID, which means I have it. I feel fine, my work just tests me frequently. No idea how I got it, as I’ve taken all precautions short of never leaving the apartment. My girlfriend surprisingly does not have it, which is good. Sucks that she has to stay on the other side of the apartment. But so far the worst part is that the CDC says I’m not supposed to snuggle my cat. That wording is in there directly. No snuggling because I could potentially give it to my cat. This is a cruel, cruel world.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:03:56 AM by Variety of Cells »

Offline Russoguru

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1198
  • Everyday ends with a tums festival!
« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2021, 02:16:35 PM »
So I have two positive tests for COVID, which means I have it. I feel fine, my work just tests me frequently. No idea how I got it, as I’ve taken all precautions short of never leaving the apartment. My girlfriend surprisingly does not have it, which is good. Sucks that she has to stay on the other side of the apartment. But so far the worst part is that the CDC says I’m not supposed to snuggle my cat. That wording is in there directly. No snuggling because I could potentially give it to my cat. This is a cruel, cruel world.
I'm very sorry Variety. :( I hope you get well soon man.

I went in this dipshit place in my town the other day and all the dipshit dipshitheads weren't wearing any goddamn masks at fucking all. Fuck them.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:18:18 PM by Russoguru »
"In all my years of conquest, violence, and slaughter, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm going to enjoy it... very very much."
-Thanos

Offline whenfatkillsfat

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
  • Buzz off, kid!
« Reply #373 on: January 09, 2021, 10:19:35 PM »
I'm getting my test tomorrow.  I seem to have lost most of my smell with my last cold but that's it so far.  I can still taste and don't have the COVID toes.
Goodbye England!  You've been crushed by giant lizards!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2021, 04:59:52 PM »
I was gonna post this in my old Mexico thread but since it's Covid related I'll post this here..
Found out from my Goddaughter in Iguala, Mexico that her mother, my 'Cumadre' passed away yesterday from Covid complications. She was only 44 years old. She and her father were infected some 20 days ago and she succumbed to the effects of the virus. Not sure what possible health issues she may have had or if her immune system was just unable to fight off the virus but when my wife passed away 4 years ago to cancer she asked her to take care of me a day before she passed away. She was one of the very few in the family down there I could truly trust when I was there and if I ever decided to go back there, I would have stayed with them but that won't be happening now if ever.
Apparently the Covid infection is out of control in that part of Mexico and they are desperate for vaccinations but the ineptness and corruption of the government seem to be preventing the vaccine from getting dispersed in an organized and/or timely manner throughout the country.
Covid hadn't affected anybody close to me, until now :'(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 05:01:38 PM by RVR II »