Author Topic: What I learned...  (Read 169 times)

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 86
What I learned...
« on: March 21, 2020, 06:40:54 PM »
I learned that if you're going to have a lot of martial arts in your film, you might want to hire a martial arts choreographer that knows what he's doing. Even Miami Connection got that right.
I learned what a vertical Colombian necktie looks like. Someone had to use a knife on that guy's chin since no dimple in the world is actually shaped like that.
I learned Velvet Smooth has no actual velvet in it.
I learned this came out the same year Charlie's Angels did. I think this film was ripped off, even if it aired after.
I learned all three of our female leads were more charismatic than the latest reboot of the Angels. And I only remember Velvet's name.
I learned a small part of me died when I realized Velvet and That Guy From Harlem never teamed up. Maybe a fanfic is called for.
I learned I liked the reveal at the end.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 322
Re: What I learned...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:50:52 AM »
I learned that I have a craving for steer liver.

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
I also learned that the reveal at the end was a surprise that I didn't see coming
I learned that seventies shoes with lifts were designed by people who hated life. Which weirdly reminded me of a certain class in 9th grade, when the boys were separated from the girls,  when the gym teacher was trying to describe a certain term and then went on a tangent about how these shoes tended to hurt that for the boys. Mind you this was about four or five years after those had gone out of fashion. The last vestiges of them would reappear as Heellies(sp?) but i digress.
I too learned that I wanted Police Squad to break out.
I learned this had a martial arts choreographer. That person needs to go back and practice more.
I learned that the score to this movie was a bit odd and didn't know if it wanted to set a mood or not. It made me miss the Pink Floyd from Ninja Warlord.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 918
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 03:16:40 PM »
The fight choreography wasn't really that bad. It just needed to be sped up by like 100%