Author Topic: Any reviews?  (Read 148 times)

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 31
Any reviews?
« on: March 19, 2020, 08:35:21 AM »
Is this a good one?

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 29
Re: Any reviews?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »
It's a solid riff. The movie itself isn't bad. It's just not good. It's a TV movie. We aren't talking San Francisco Airport but it could have been much much worse. I sure as heck wouldn't have watched it on its own. I'm trying to think about how much rewatchability it has.  I'd say a fair amount mostly because it has brat packers in it and I'm Gen X.  So it is worth owning.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 26
Re: Any reviews?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:45 PM »
I liked it, but it wasn't hysterical. The movie itself was a weird novelty. I mean, Farmer Ted from Sixteen Candles breaks free from federal custody on board a plane carrying the dad from Family Ties in a wheelchair and the Huxtible Grandfather from the Cosby Show, while James Brolin is backseat piloting the plane b/c female drivers. Meanwhile on the ground hard-nosed hostage negotiator/children's gymnastics coach Ally Sheedy is flown in. It's all REAL DUMB. In fact it is so dumb that I am surprised it wasn't a lot funnier. But it was funny.
(I would have liked this one more if they'd really leaned in to the pop culture references. I suppose that could easily go over the heads of a younger audience. There were still a few Family Ties and Breakfast Club references. What a terrible movie this was!)
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.