login

Author Topic: Jurassic World:Dominion(2021)  (Read 578 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
Jurassic World:Dominion(2021)
« on: February 27, 2020, 12:29:40 PM »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1648
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Jurassic World:Dominion(2021)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
This has to be the one where they reveal Bryce Dallas Howard's character is a robot, surely
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:25:29 PM »
So is this one also going to have a brand new, never before seen, genetically superior, ultra-dangerous dinosaur...that looks just like the other dinosaurs?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7357
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 09:38:59 PM »
this kid comes back and saves us all:

dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 09:53:22 PM »

So it's a sobering and honest portrayal of PTSD?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1090
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 10:46:19 PM »
This has to be the one where they reveal Bryce Dallas Howard's character is a robot, surely
To her credit though, she did direct an episode of The Mandalorian. Also, she is pretty damn sexy.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 06:24:09 AM »

It turns out he's the son of Dennis Nedry and he comes back to avenge his father.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 09:13:42 AM »
It turns out he's the son of Dennis Nedry and he comes back to avenge his father.
And when he's about to be killed by a Dinosaur at the very last second he sees the ghost of his father telling him "DODGE SON!!! DODGE SON!!! WE GOTTA DODGE SON!!!!"

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 12:07:21 PM »

That has to be it.  No human could run in high heeled shoes.

I hope this is better than the last one.  It would, though, be nice to see what happens after the "heroes" unleash carnivorous dinosaurs upon the mainland United States.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 11:37:46 PM »
To her credit though, she did direct an episode of The Mandalorian. Also, she is pretty damn sexy.

She plays an insanely poorly written role as best as she can and runs in heels all the time but her character is not a human being
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 07:11:47 AM »

That has to be it.  No human could run in high heeled shoes.

That part really annoyed me. YOU CAN'T WALK IN HEELS ON MUD!!!! It doesn't matter how much "grrl power" you have, that's not possible. But we're supposed to take her side because Chris Pratt is being kind of a jerk in his tone.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »
She plays an insanely poorly written role as best as she can and runs in heels all the time but her character is not a human being
I do see your point, really I do. I also admit maybe my fondness for Claire Dearing is causing me to overlook the flaws with her character in the Jurassic world movies. And I don't know what this says about me, but I'm more than willing to overlook the whole heels thing. If I'm being honest, there are things in even my most favorite movies that I would like to change. To quote the guys over at Cinema Sins, "No movie is without sin". 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 09:09:18 AM »
I do see your point, really I do. I also admit maybe my fondness for Claire Dearing is causing me to overlook the flaws with her character in the Jurassic world movies. And I don't know what this says about me, but I'm more than willing to overlook the whole heels thing. If I'm being honest, there are things in even my most favorite movies that I would like to change. To quote the guys over at Cinema Sins, "No movie is without sin".
If I was more invested in watching Jurassic World, I would be more willing to give it a pass. It's when I'm not engrossed int he film that my mind wanders and starts wondering about things like that.