Author Topic: The RiffTrax Live 2020 Kickstarter is here!!!  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 646
The RiffTrax Live 2020 Kickstarter is here!!!
« on: February 19, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2020-hobgoblins-and-amityville-4-riffed-live/

Thanks to you, the Kickstarter community, we've had SEVEN consecutive years of successful campaigns to help us fund our nationwide RiffTrax Live shows. We're extremely grateful, because these events wouldn't exist without your help!

This time, in embarking upon our eleventh year of RiffTrax Live, we've selected a fantastic duo of monstrously campy B-movies that are perfect for riffing: an ALL-NEW riff of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 favorite, HOBGOBLINS, and the most Halloween-y, cheesy horror flick about an evil lamp you've never seen, AMITYVILLE: THE EVIL ESCAPES!

We will once again broadcast the ensuing hilarity to 600+ movie theaters across America on June 11th and October 21st, respectively, thanks to our friends at Fathom Events.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Online BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 31
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
Re: The RiffTrax Live 2020 Kickstarter is here!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 12:51:01 PM »
I see that there is only one Kickstarter level that includes physical media, and it's only for Hobgoblins. Assuming of course that these are both successfully kickstarted, will physical media for both films eventually be made available for purchase by non-Kickstarter people? Or at least the Amityville one, since it isn't offered as part of a Kickstarter?
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3699
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:54:22 PM »
Yay! Hobgoblins is a personal favorite. Now if I could just find $2000 laying around somewhere I could attend one of these things live!

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 646
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 01:03:13 PM »
I see that there is only one Kickstarter level that includes physical media, and it's only for Hobgoblins. Assuming of course that these are both successfully kickstarted, will physical media for both films eventually be made available for purchase by non-Kickstarter people? Or at least the Amityville one, since it isn't offered as part of a Kickstarter?

Any physical media will be offered for sale on the site, usually a week or two after backers get theirs. Amityville physical media, as well as BD's are likely (unable to confirm 100%) to be stretch goals - so stay tuned to the campaign.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 01:06:35 PM »
Wow...it's already close to 50% funded.  8)

Online BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 31
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 01:10:53 PM »

Any physical media will be offered for sale on the site, usually a week or two after backers get theirs. Amityville physical media, as well as BD's are likely (unable to confirm 100%) to be stretch goals - so stay tuned to the campaign.

BD's for both would be awesome :)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 548
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
Stupid life choices:

Always preventing me from having a lot of disposable income.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 196
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 01:45:51 PM »
Stupid life choices:

Always preventing me from having a lot of disposable income.

At least you could buy them when they arrive on Rifftrax's web site!

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
I wish they'd throw up a couple stretch goals to rebroadcast some of the Theater-Only shows. I'd love to see Mothra again someday...

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 826
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:49 PM »
I wish they'd throw up a couple stretch goals to rebroadcast some of the Theater-Only shows. I'd love to see Mothra again someday...

At least that one we got an MP3.  I really want to see the 5 Doctors again and it doesn't look like that is ever going to be allowed to be released.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 322
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 03:46:02 AM »

It's a Wonderful Life MP3 stretch goal. Please, please!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7121
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 03:54:43 AM »
i seem to remember that cineplex not wanting to was the reason there weren't any further RTLs in canada after the first one, but did they ever give an explanation? the screening i went to was almost completely full. certainly seemed like it would've been more profitable than showing deadpool on opening day afternoon to eight people (so many afternoon showings were so empty when i was in ottawa).
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 10:58:16 AM »
Fully funded in under a day!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 322
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 06:25:14 AM »

So is Amityville the first made for TV movie they're riffing live? Wait, the Sharknado films were made for TV, weren't they?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 826
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 07:15:45 AM »

So is Amityville the first made for TV movie they're riffing live? Wait, the Sharknado films were made for TV, weren't they?

All the Asylum movies were made for your TV (i.e. straight to DVD)...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com