Author Topic: Ninja Warrior  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
Ninja Warrior
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
Since MXC has it's own thread, I was wondering if anyone watches Ninja Warrior as habitually as we do. 

It's been a long time since Andy and I have ever outwardly cheered or gasped at a TV show.  After watching so many seasons, (which there are two competitions a year I think,) and you begin to notice the competitors that continually make it very far, we are so shocked when our favorites don't make it past the first obstacle or the Warped Wall.  (Go Makoto Nagano - wooo)

Women of Ninja Warrior is a pretty cool set of obstacles as well, ones that focus entirely on balance and timing than the original Ninja Warrior which is hugely upper-body obstacles. 

So, sirs, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBkZpK-fYQ

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:56:59 AM by Hebs »
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
Re: Ninja Warrior
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »
Oh Ninja Warrior?!  I LOVE that show!  Blah blah blah.. post post post...

Hey, it's cool, I won't take it personally no one's posted... it's not like I'm going to cry or anything... 

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 12:47:33 PM »
Huh? *looks up from his burger and frantically runs around picking up the bits of wrapper*

Ninja Warrior... never watched it, but I think the concept is pretty cool. Kind of like MXC, but a little more serious. I'm not a ninja fan though, so apart from watching people desperately try to overcome obstacles I think it'd have little draw for me.

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 02:14:30 PM »
I don't think the show airs over here but after seeing your post I did a youtube search and watched the video of the 2nd guy to ever complete it.  It looked  pretty good.  Do they ever change around the obstacles courses?...I'd imagine it might get a bit boring watching 30 people in a row all fall of a pipe...

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »
I don't think the show airs over here but after seeing your post I did a youtube search and watched the video of the 2nd guy to ever complete it.  It looked  pretty good.  Do they ever change around the obstacles courses?...I'd imagine it might get a bit boring watching 30 people in a row all fall of a pipe...

Yeah, they actually add new course stuff, like one where you had to jump on this giant. rotating cheese wheel thing.  What amazes me is the guys that are so obsessed with winning it, they compete every single time and build the course in their back yard. 

Offline timechaser

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:02:35 AM »
I love the show. I can't believe what they can do or how flipping jacked they are.
He split Robin's arrow in twain!!

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:59:04 AM »
Here's a clip from that Viking show from the same producers
It actually looks harder, especially the pole balancing part

[yt=425,350]mvvhkMgEg78[/yt]

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 12:01:22 PM »
Ooh the  Viking thing - I wanted to know more about that.  WHY must Japanese standards be held so freakin' high.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 12:33:59 PM »
I've seen some version of the Viking thing on at odd times on ESPN.   

I love it when these guys do these amazing physical things, then get dunked cuz they can add or subtract.