login

Author Topic: More Transformers Movies!  (Read 378 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
More Transformers Movies!
« on: January 27, 2020, 04:15:51 PM »
Deadline, January 27, 2020:
Dual ‘Transformers’ Movies In The Works At Paramount
Quote from: Anthony D'Alessandro
Transformers, the IP that never dies, based on the 1980s toy franchise with the slogan “more than meets the eye” is being developed again at Paramount with two projects, one by Independence Day: Resurgence scribe James Vanderbilt and the other by John Wick Chapter 3 EP and Army of the Dead scribe Joby Harold.

The Vanderbilt project, from what I heard, was based on Transformers spinoff Beast Wars which are robots that transform into robotic animals like Cheetor (Cheetah), Optimus Primal (Gorilla), Rhinox (Rhinoceros) and more. Vanderbilt has been on the project since April.

The franchise, including spinoff Bumblebee, has amassed over $4.8 billion worldwide. However, Bumblebee which was expected to be a rejuvenation of the blockbuster series was the lowest grossing installment with $468M worldwide in 2018.

It’s still early. No directors attached, though both will feature new casts.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3885
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: More Transformers Movies!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 06:02:48 PM »
My trampled fanboy heart might be ready to trust again, but treat it gently, Paramount!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6570
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
I hope they take more from Bumblebee than the Michael Bay movies, but I doubt it.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1066
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 08:55:43 PM »
It's going to take a lot more than getting Michael Bay away from making more movies... they need to re-design the Transformers and just start all over again from square one. God dammit the Bayformers movies, if not a legacy of shame, are at least a legacy that should NOT be continued! FFS get somebody in there who can actually write and direct and cares about the G1 Transformers universe! Give us something where I remember something more about what I just watched than explosions and Shia shouting "NONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!" or some of the most embarrassing, awkward humor I've seen since Howard the Duck.

In other words... just make animated movies that continue(or precede) the G1 animated Transformers. If you've got good enough writers and directors, you don't need live action movies and potentially save a LOT of money. Get the people who made Into the Spiderverse! Get Brad Bird!!! Get JJ Abrams! Get anybody who understands what people like me love about Transformers and build on that.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »
My ideal director for this is Joe Dante.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1066
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 04:39:07 PM »
That could definitely work. I also wouldn't mind if they got Joss Whedon, Christopher Mcquarrie, Ron Howard, The Russo bros, Taika Watiti, Patty Hearst, Ryan Coogler, Pretty much fucking ANYBODY who has a track record of making good shit.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 06:25:37 PM »
That could definitely work. I also wouldn't mind if they got Joss Whedon, Christopher Mcquarrie, Ron Howard, The Russo bros, Taika Watiti, Patty Hearst, Ryan Coogler, Pretty much fucking ANYBODY who has a track record of making good shit.
Ehhh, Ron Howad is a bit bland for this property. It needs somebody with a little flair. Otherwise the rest on your list are good candidates.