login

Author Topic: Where is Ronald?  (Read 6827 times)

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 190
Re: Where is Ronald?
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2020, 04:30:31 AM »
GAME #70

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2020, 07:28:34 AM »
GAME #71

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2020, 08:35:36 AM »
GAME #72

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2020, 09:25:07 AM »
GAME #73

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2020, 07:27:30 AM »
GAME #74

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2020, 06:28:30 AM »
GAME #75

From this point on I began using a lot of pictures of Coney Island. Believe it or not,  in the summer of 2006 Coney Island was in danger of being completely demolished and replaced with condominiums for the rich. ( It was worse than that.  One version of the so called resort town that would replace the rides would privatize the boardwalk from Ocean Parkway street to 21st Street ( The distance from the handball court on the far side of the aquarium to the new amphitheater blocks west of the Parachute Jump, ) which would most likely mean either making the beach in front private, or at the least cut off public beach access for that distance. What happened was that Mayor Bloomberg announced that the city had a plan to revitalize the island by changing the zoning regulations on the abandoned lots west of the baseball stadium and on the north side of Surf Ave from amusements only to residential so condos could be built, and the rest of the area where the amusements are to be turned over to a single developer for a single amusement park. ( If you want to call it an amusement park, It would have been mostly a bunch of buildings which would have a movie theater, a bowling alley,  and a lot of upscale restaurants and food markets. They were also talking about lawns, reflection pools, skateboard parks, gardens, and a lot of areas in the park not used for rides.  ) But then a very greedy developer bought up half the property in the area Bloomberg said the amusement park would go, demanded to be the developer for the entire island, and said the resort he wanted to build would be entirely residential buildings and hotels with a mixture of amusements and retail on the ground floor of the buildings. He had half the rides torn down, so that when you exited the terminal there was nothing but vacant lots between the train and the beach. The developer kept claiming that the ground level would still be amusements, but then began making statements to the press that for most people, stores are amusements. I remember at one point he announced he would be turning the vacant lots into an amusement park, and when it opened it was just four or five bouncy houses on a six acre lot. Very pathetic. Then the next year he turned it into something called "The Amazing Seaside Fair" or something like that, which turned out to be a large tent with a cheap flea market inside. He tried to prove he was pro-amusement again by buying Astroland, but then closed Astroland and replaced it with a traveling fair, then for no good reason had the fairgrounds padlocked over the Labor Day weekend. And that is just a fraction of the crap that happened. And Bloomberg gave into this fool by changing the rezoning plans into a compromise that would mostly allow him build his so called resort but would require the retail be something called "entertainment retail", and amazingly the greedy developer turned that offer down. So instead there was a stalemate that went on for years. The whole time everyone was wondering if Bloomberg would completely give in to the developer, and it would be the last summer Coney Island had rides. ( And by Bloomberg giving in, I mean this developer had the entire city council in his pocket and they were all pressuring Bloomberg into allowing the developer to build his resort. ) So since this drama was being played out in the newspapers all the time, it ended up inspiring a lot of the "Where is Ronald" games. The good news is Bloomberg didn't completely back down, and some sort of financial setback forced the developer to sell much of his property back to the city where it was then leased to the ride developers Zamperla, So I guess you can say Bloomberg saved Coney Island? If you ignore that his rezoning plan was what lured in the developer in the first place, and did offer a compromise that would have destroyed the place.

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2020, 06:37:33 AM »
GAME #76

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2020, 06:18:11 AM »
GAME #77

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2020, 04:39:33 AM »
GAME #78

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2020, 09:55:26 AM »
GAME #79

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
GAME #80

This one was made for July 4th.  This time around I had thought I had a good idea for a picture. The Annual Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. All tat week I thought of having the Ronalds stuffing their faces next to  Takeru Kobayashi. Perhaps having McDonald eating hamburgers and a judge trying to disqualify him.  Or perhaps just having him vomiting. I would probably need to do a search for some new images of the Ronalds to find something that looked like they were eating. Then Sunday night came, and I realized there were no good pictures on the internet of the contest. The wallpaper sized images wee extreme close ups of the contestants, and the only pictures of the entire stage were very small. After about an hour of searching, I settled on this picture of Nathan's. It may not have had the contest,  but at least it was big enough to hide characters in.

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2020, 06:36:55 AM »
GAME #81

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2020, 05:22:36 AM »
GAME #82