Author Topic: Where is Ronald?  (Read 6873 times)

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 184
Re: Where is Ronald?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 05:33:56 AM »

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 190
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 05:44:59 AM »
GAME #15

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2019, 09:12:52 AM »
GAME #16

This one was made on Easter Sunday, and since I had decided any photoshops made on the weeks of a holiday would be themed, decided that I would use a photo of the famous Easter Parade. The event sprang up on New York City's Fifth Ave in the late 1800s. At the time the rich preferred living in the area between 42nd street and 59th street and built their mansions along that stretch of Fifth Ave. However, with the construction of Central Park, gradually began moving uptown to build their mansions along Fifth across the street from the park. By the turn of the century the area between 59th and 42nd was almost entirely abandoned by the rich, and their mansions sold off and torn down to make way for skyscrapers.  Their churches still remained in those neighborhoods, nd on Easter Sunday the wealthy would put on their best outfits for Easter service, with the warm weather allowing the ladies to stroll down the street without wearing a thick coat so they could show off their newest expensive dress.  Flamboyant hats also became a fad, usually adorned with exotic feathers. Easter Sunday became the first day of the year for the rich to show off their wealth via their outfits as a way of bragging. They were seen as celebrities, and Newspapers reported on their outfits the same way they report on red carpet outfits of award shows today. They began calling it the "Easter Parade" in their headlines, however, it was no actual parade, and the rich never walked as a group, but rather as individual couples, only gathering in front of the cathedrals to bee seen and to have the press snap pictures of them in hopes they would be chosen as the women featured on the front page of newspapers and magazines as the example of best dressed. The event had faded out of fashion by the time Irving Berlin wrote the song Easter Parade in 1933 for a musical review about the famous rich set in the early 1900s. The song became so popular it spawned a movie in the 1940s. With the rise of the middle class after the second World War, they began turning up on Fifth wearing their own costumes as the popular song suggested. It quickly went from an informal event to teeming with crowds of participants, and the city responded by closing off Fifth Ave to traffic and allowing everyone to wander up and down the middle of the street, which has lasted to this day.

And none of that could be found on the internet as images. Pictures of the parade were either useless snapshots of individuals, or shot from the roofs of buildings with participants looking like ants, or low resolution pictures smaller than 100 x 200. At the time this was the best picture of the Easter Parade I could find in two hours of searching.  You wouldn't even know it was supposed to be the Easter Parade unless I mentioned it here. I am sure some better pictures of the Easter Parade have shown up on the internet since, but in 2005 this was the best available.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »
I like these.  So far I spotted them all.  #15 gave me the most difficulty.  I tried to make ronald mcdonald black and white for a different pic but I couldnt figure out how to do it.  Can you post that? 

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 04:53:55 PM »
So far I spotted them all.  #15 gave me the most difficulty.

These are still the easy ones.  When I began making a new one every Sunday I gradually began making it harder and harder to find one or both Ronalds, although the one scheduled to be posted tomorrow is too easy. But there are some people accused me of not hiding any Ronalds in until I gave them the location. And there are a couple with fake Ronalds.

I tried to make ronald mcdonald black and white for a different pic but I couldnt figure out how to do it.  Can you post that?

That is something I can't do any more.  The Windows Paint that came with Windows XP had a glitch that when you copied an image over a black and white jpeg, it would turn the image pasted over it black and white. The new Windows Paint for Windows 10 and up no longer has that glitch, and it also removed most of the useful tools like invert colors and the ability to cut out an image from a picture by outlining it. I suggest typing "turn images black and white" into your search engine and try to find a free site that will convert the image black and white. But be prepared for that site to add a watermark you will need to remove. I do that by creating a larger image, pasting the image you want converted onto the upper left corner, converting, then cropping off the rest of the image and watermark.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2019, 08:50:22 AM »
GAME #17

Out of all the Ronald photoshops, this one was the laziest. I can't really remember why I wasn't into it that week, only that it was going on midnight and I hadn't yet made that Sunday's photoshop. I didn't even have any idea as to what image they would be hiding in. Only that I remembered I hadn't made one as I was taking the trash to the curb and less from an hour from my usual Sunday night bedtime.  And I was thinking I had some sort of obligation to do something for the week, just because I had done one many weeks in a row. Sundays were spent listening to podcasts on my PC, during which I also passed the time playing free online games, searching for stuff on the internet, perhaps doing a little shopping on Amazon, and making that week's photoshop. Perhaps I put the photoshop off because the previous week, when I didn't really have any PC downtime due to company being over for the Easter holiday, I ended up spending a couple of hours trying to find a usable picture of the Easter Parade. That ended up being the opposite of fun, especially when the image I settled on had to be blown up. looked like crap because of it, and didn't have any good places to put either Ronald.  Now I was about 20 minutes away from midnight and trying to get a photoshop done before that self imposed deadline. So I thought "F@#k it! I'll just find an image of a modern art painting and slap both Ronalds anywhere! Done in less that ten minutes!"  Also, you can blow a low resolution modern art image up without any noticeable artifacts, unlike blowing up small resolution photographs which end up looking like pixilated blurs. The one I ultimately picked was chosen because it had a lot of solid colors.  While I call the "Where is Ronald" pictures Photoshops, none were actually made on any photoshop program, but rather in the free Paintshop  program that came with Windows XP, with some added effects made by putting parts of the image into the Windows Movie Maker. Pasting an image of Ronald into a pre existing image required cutting the background out of Ronald, then recutting a second image of the foreground and pasting it over Ronald whenever Ronald was standing behind something. Then you needed to clean the final results up, because there was still some residual remnants of the rest of the original background from the Ronald image. This meant using the draw tool and the eyedrop tool, then retouching every pixel surrounding Ronald. Solid colors meant less time using the eyedrop tool, and an easier time touching the picture up. I was able to finish this photoshop in record time, although I can't remember if I actually uploaded it to the forum before midnight. I do recall feeling embarrasses at how half-assed it was, and as a result the next couple of weeks were more elaborate than usual.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2019, 05:14:14 AM »
GAME #18

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 12:19:26 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!  Nice.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
GAME #17

While I call the "Where is Ronald" pictures Photoshops, none were actually made on any photoshop program, but rather in the free Paintshop  program that came with Windows XP, with some added effects made by putting parts of the image into the Windows Movie Maker. Pasting an image of Ronald into a pre existing image required cutting the background out of Ronald, then recutting a second image of the foreground and pasting it over Ronald whenever Ronald was standing behind something. Then you needed to clean the final results up, because there was still some residual remnants of the rest of the original background from the Ronald image.

thats exactly what i do haha

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 12:40:16 PM »
I forgot to put reagan in the first one with all the clowns but the iron maiden cover has both.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2019, 07:04:16 AM »
GAME #19

No, this isn't the one made for the 4th of July. This one was made the week before Memorial Day. Also, you history buffs out there ( or anyone who paid attention during their American History classes in High School ) know this event actually takes place on Christmas.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:06:43 AM by stethacantus »

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2019, 07:56:47 AM »
GAME #20

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2019, 05:33:30 AM »
GAME #21

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 11:06:08 AM »
got it.  got it.  got it.  keep em coming i like it.