login

Author Topic: The all 80's/90's action star casting of the Avengers.....  (Read 11888 times)

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: The all 80's/90's action star casting of the Avengers.....
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »
Do it! The Avengers have plenty of heroes to easily work him in!
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 09:25:59 AM »
Do it! The Avengers have plenty of heroes to easily work him in!

Well, I think my original post covered everybody, but I couldn't find good image to squeeze them all into. I don't even want to think about those huge George Perez splash pages with 50 characters all running towards you.

The (Almost) All-Brat Pack Avengers:
I can't beat Dolph Lundgren as Thor.
Anthony Michael Hall is pre-serum Steve Rogers, then some muscley look-alike as Captain America with AMH's voiced dubbed over
Rob Lowe is Tony Stark/Iron Man
Andrew McCarthy is Hank Pym/Giant Man/Ant Man
Ally Sheedy is Janet Van Dyne/Wasp
Molly Ringwald is Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch
C. Thomas Howell is Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver
Emilio Estevez is Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Charlie Sheen is the Vision
With Judd Nelson as Henry Gyrich
And Eddie Murphy as the Black Panther!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:07 AM »
Melrose? Not sure what you mean actually...unless you mean....Melrose's Place Avengers (hint, hint)?

I dunno. My computer might blow up. Also, that would require me to look up who was actually on the show. That's knowledge I don't need.

Now, now, we don't want to take that turn - let's just get back to St. Elmo's StarFire - HA Never gets old...

I couldn't bring myself to put a dude's head on the epitome of the horny alien sex goddess, but Demi Moore is fairly manish:

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »
Oh come on now...you put a man's head on Ms. Marvel. She's basically a character who's design is to exaggerate every single physical feature that distinguishes women from men!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2007, 10:13:31 AM »
Oh come on now...you put a man's head on Ms. Marvel. She's basically a character who's design is to exaggerate every single physical feature that distinguishes women from men!

You're giving Ms. Marvel too much credit. That description applies to the visual design of at least 90% of all female superheroes.

How goofy was her original costume:

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »
Hahahaha, I love old super-hero costumes. She does look pretty ridiculous. You can actually use that outfit in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but pretty much any of her others is more dignified.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2007, 10:50:31 AM »
Hahahaha, I love old super-hero costumes. She does look pretty ridiculous. You can actually use that outfit in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but pretty much any of her others is more dignified.

I like how her scarf eventually morphed into a sash around her hips ,which is a lot less likely to choke her to death.

"Hi, I'm Carol Danvers - Mizz Marvel. Notice the Mizz? That's 'cause I'm nothing like that little goody-two-shoes Supergirl, even though I'm also wearing a girly version of a male hero's costume and have all the same powers and even the same last name as Supergirl."

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2007, 11:00:18 AM »
Oh snap....Supergirl and Ms. Marvel have the same last name? Shameless Marvel....shameless.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2007, 11:06:37 AM »
Oh snap....Supergirl and Ms. Marvel have the same last name? Shameless Marvel....shameless.

Ms. Marvel is Carol Danvers, and Supergirl (The one that wasn't really Superman's cousin... it's complicated.) was Linda Danvers for a while. Ms. Marvel was obviously created in response to Supergirl's popularity at the time, but she quickly became a much more well-defined and interesting character than Supergirl's ever been. Carol's a strong, independent woman who's driven to be the best superhero she can be, whereas Supergirl will always just be Superman's jailbait cousin.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »

Ms. Marvel is Carol Danvers, and Supergirl (The one that wasn't really Superman's cousin... it's complicated.) was Linda Danvers for a while. Ms. Marvel was obviously created in response to Supergirl's popularity at the time, but she quickly became a much more well-defined and interesting character than Supergirl's ever been. Carol's a strong, independent woman who's driven to be the best superhero she can be, whereas Supergirl will always just be Superman's jailbait cousin.

You know, I think that probably would have helped sales a bit. Kind of like how Marvel used to be "World's Best Comic Magazine" or Spider-Man was "The Non-Mutant Superhero!". "Superman's Jail-bait cousin! SUPERGIRL". I could see that selling.
But thank you for clearing that up. My knowledge of DC comics is non-existant. My real of geekdom solely rests in my knowledge of Spider-Man. I will say, Ms. Marvel is an interesting character, seems like she does have a great deal of history (at least from what New Avengers made it seem).

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2007, 09:45:03 PM »
Arriving late as usual...

Most of my choices are serious, a couple thrown in just for laughs, see if you can guess which is which...

Captain America               Judson Mills
Black Panther                    Wesley Snipes
Thor                                     Dolph Lundgren
Banner/Hulk                       James Wlcek
Stark/Iron Man                    Timothy Dalton
Hawkeye                             Joe Lando
She Hulk                             Joanie(Chyna)
Wonder Man                       Chad Allen
Vision                                   Val Kilmer
Scarlet Witch                       Jane Seymour
Janet/Wasp                         Janine Turner

Nick Fury                               Chuck Norris
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:47:11 PM by Thom_Serveaux »