Author Topic: Now Available - Contamination  (Read 278 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Now Available - Contamination
« on: October 05, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »
https://www.rifftrax.com/contamination

Delivered straight from Mars to a mysterious abandoned boat to the sewers of New York City to your very own home, it’s a big steaming pile of Contamination! Emphasis on the “big steaming pile” part.

This is some high-grade Italian shlock cinema, full of sci-fi thrills, horror chills, and long-scenes-of-planning-and-administration spills! A large ship full of corpses and strange green eggs shows up in the New York harbor, and it’s up to Colonel Stella Holmes and a washed-up drunken astronaut to save the world.

Save the world from what’s inside the eggs, you might ask? No, no, it’s just the eggs themselves. Just laying there, all big and gross and unable to move without help. But don’t get too close to the eggs or they’ll explode and make a mess! It shouldn’t be too hard to avoid them, actually. And really, as long as you don’t pick the eggs up, you’ll be fine. Still, the entire Earth is at risk! From the very scary eggs!

With a score by “The Goblin” (better known for better movies like Suspiria) and an opening credit for “The Alien Cyclops” you're in for a real strange treat with this one. Get your disinfecting wipes ready and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for Contamination!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Conor Lastowka, Sean Thomason

Contributing Writers: Jason Miller, Zachary Shatzer

https://www.rifftrax.com/contamination

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Now Available - Contamination
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »
I really liked this riff.  I mean, the movie was garbage but the riff was a lot of fun.  A good Halloween pick.

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »
The uncut version is 95 minutes long. Considering how much filler is in the riffed version, I'd hate to see what got cut out.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:05:14 PM »
The uncut version is 95 minutes long. Considering how much filler is in the riffed version, I'd hate to see what got cut out.

Yeah I was disappointed there was no HD version.... The blu ray I have looks awesome. BUT I am far too lazy to figure out the cuts to get the audio to line up.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 07:23:55 PM »

Yeah I was disappointed there was no HD version.... The blu ray I have looks awesome. BUT I am far too lazy to figure out the cuts to get the audio to line up.

The running time is apparently in line with the cut American release, which might be the one they used and why it's not HD if it was never released that way.
I confess, aside from Yor, I always get the LQ versions anyway. I'm old and I saw everything in LQ so old movies look more approrpiate that way to my aging eyes.  ;)