Top 50 Hit Songs of the 50s
3 (23.1%)
Top 50 Fictional Giant Monsters
3 (23.1%)
Top 50 Nintendo Virtual Boy Games
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 02, 2019, 11:21:48 PM

Author Topic: VOTE For The 119th List of Crap  (Read 998 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6571
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: VOTE For The 119th List of Crap
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 08:00:18 AM »
If memory serves I think this will be the first list you are hosting, am I right DG?
No, I hosted Top 80s Movies, as well as two iRiffs lists.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »
Just a reminder about Fictional Badasses, like last time it is meant to include villains, heroes and anything in between. Most importantly the qualification for what is "badass" is deliberately open to interpretation. If you think Marsha Brady is "badass" for some reason, you can vote for her. The only limitation is I wanted to keep it Movies and TV, since it's already a broad category.
Hmm, I see that I originally had it limited to Movie and TV. That is a pretty broad category, but it sounds like people want me to include literature and comics. Does that sound all right with everyone?

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3885
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »
I forgot about that part when I asked my question. I'm cool with the limitation, but I'd anticipate that we'd still get a pretty focused list if it were opened up.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »
I forgot about that part when I asked my question. I'm cool with the limitation, but I'd anticipate that we'd still get a pretty focused list if it were opened up.
I already got one list,a dn it has some book characters on it. So I will include literature and comics.

I'll have a writeup shortly.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1169
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 10:02:10 AM »
I honestly can't think of too many badass literary figures that haven't made the transition to film.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 111
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 07:12:05 PM »
I honestly can't think of too many badass literary figures that haven't made the transition to film.

There are some. Mack Bolan, the Executioner, is a perfect example. The Punisher was  knock off of him. Now movies that successfully conveyed the badassery of some of them are even fewer. Remo Williams (aka The Destroyer) was a fine film, but dear god he became so much more bad ass than that. Chuin even more so. Ironically one hamburger's worth of monosodium glutamate nearly killed him once because he didn't realize his body had been so finely conditioned and refined it couldn't deal with a substance that 'toxic'. Doc Savage was another one. Hugo Danner (from the novel Gladiator) who was kind of the first modern super hero, he predated Superman by a few years, was never done remotely well the one time someone tried it. The book was not all that great, though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:22:20 PM by dbsommer »