login

Author Topic: --- Troll 2 Coming to EAT a Theater near you! Castmember Screenings ---  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Michael

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • www.bestworstmovie.com
Hey what's up guys, gals, goblins and Nilbog neighbors...

Please allow me to introduce myself. Michael Paul Stephenson here... yeah, that's right... that annoying 9 year-old brat who played "Joshua" in quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made - TROLL 2 ! Haha.  If you have seen Troll 2, first, let me publicly apologize for how it has affected your lives and I promise not to piss on your food...unless.... I have to do it to save you from turning into edible plant mush.  This is my first visit to the boards on rifftrax but I have to say, I have been a big fan of Mike Nelson for several years.

I wanted to pass on a bit of Troll 2 news which just surfaced and some of  you may be interested in...watch out... Troll 2 is coming to EAT a theatre near you. Big Troll 2 news. Through many past talks with MGM, etc., we had come to the conclusion that a 35mm theatrical print of Troll 2 was not available and did not exist... until recently. What?!?!

By the "power-of-goodness" a 35mm theatrical print (in excellent condition) of Troll 2 has been discovered, dusted-off and is beginning to infect audiences nationwide with a good ol' dose of bad-movie-awfulness. For the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY (and 18 years later), Troll 2 screenings are being organized by several theaters in several major cities throughout the country, with cast-member appearances, Q&A's, and goblin-good-times being planned in many of the locations. Needless to say... if Troll 2 has provided you with some ridiculous entertainment and laughs...you won't want to miss this.  But, please, whatever you do... don't piss on our Hospitality... my father won't allow it!

Load up the Waits family mini-van, next stop is the Castro theatre is San Fran.  Then, onto Houston, Boston, Seattle, L.A., Atlanta, NYC, Salt Lake City, Denver, Minneapolis, and more. Keep checking this page for updates and info ... http://www.bestworstmovie.com/screenings/summertour/ 

I look forward to meeting some of you at the upcoming screenings.

Row row row your boat,

Michael

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
Hey Michael, welcome to Rifftrax!  Have you listened to Mike and Rich's take on Troll 2?

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
Well now this is pretty interesting. An actual cast member from Troll 2...never thought that they would come here. No hard feelings, ey?
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar

Don't forget the contest! Which currently has zero entries...  :'(
Create a flier for this event, and help promote Rifftrax!: The Unofficial TROLL 2 Fan Art Contest.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
    • Easy Talk Cafe
BTW - I do believe this IS Michael Paul Stephenson posting....the same message is on his MySpace blog except for the added Mike Nelson statement.

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar

San Francisco is pretty much the first stop on the TROLL 2 tour, but we don't get any cast members or a Q&A or nothin'...
What a bummer!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
    • Easy Talk Cafe

San Francisco is pretty much the first stop on the TROLL 2 tour, but we don't get any cast members or a Q&A or nothin'...
What a bummer!

-Rude

No man....read the more info link....you are getting Joshua and his dad at your screening.

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar

Aha!... Well that's cool.
I was checking the Castro theater's website, and it didn't mention anything. And the theater list at that summertour link didn't mention anything either... so i just figured we were getting hosed. Good to see that we'll get a Q&A too! Even if it is at like, 2 in the morning!

-Rude

Offline Michael

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • www.bestworstmovie.com
Hard feelings?  Nah.  None at all.  I was 10 years old when I did this crazy movie, and I will admit --- there was a time where I was dreadfully embarrassed about this flick.  I thought that if I had one more person (during Jr. high school) come up to me and yell... "A DOUBLE DECKER BOLOGNA SANDWICH" I would go crazy ! I swore that one day, I would go on a personal mission to destroy every copy of Troll 2. No joke.

But, within the past while... I have come to embrace the awfulness. What can I say? Troll 2 was a cool/unique experience to be a part of at such a young age. It has provided me with countless laughs, unbelievable experiences, and not to mention, I have been fortunate to meet some really cool people through Troll 2 and the recent screenings, etc (castmembers, fans, etc). After 18 years, I have been able to reconnect with George Hardy (played my father, "Farmer Waits!") and I have to say he is one of the coolest, nicest, most genuine individuals I know - seriously... he knows a thing or two about hospitality.  In a strange twist of irony,  Troll 2 has presented more "open doors" than closed ones. I'm still acting/working in the industry.  I've found myself directing/writing a documentary, about Troll 2, called BEST WORST MOVIE, which is garnering a lot of support and I'm incredibly grateful to be in position to tell this story. Believe me, it makes a great story... 

No Don't Eat Me!

Michael Paul Stephenson (Joshua)
www.bestworstmovie.com
www.myspace.com/michaelpstephenson

Offline Michael

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • www.bestworstmovie.com

What a bummer!

-Rude

No man....read the more info link....you are getting Joshua and his dad at your screening.

Yeah, I will be there, along with George Hardy.  And, it looks like we may even have another castmember or two, including Lance "WE HAD CAR TROUBLE" Williams.  Going to be a great time.  I look forward to meeting some of you!

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
Hahaha, welcome to the boards, man. I gotta say, it's really interesting to hear your stories about this experience. If you're around this area here I'll have to try and see this. I also must say, I got to respect how you can laugh along with this. Sometime soon I'll be able to experience the magic that is Troll 2, as my friend just bought it yesterday (literally!).

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
So tell me, can you still piss on hospitality, or is that not allowed?

Seriously, though, it's not often I get to hear the insights of one such as you.  Nobody ever thinks about the aftermath of such a turd as Troll 2.  I have so many questions, such as, "What were the writers smoking?" and "Who thought this was a good idea?" or maybe, "Did anybody think the freaky overacting woman was any good?" but I think the most pressing one is, "What the hell was the popcorn thing about?"  Seriously, I don't get it.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
Hobbit, I was literally going to ask about the popcorn thing myself. I think all I can say in regards to that scene is "What and why?". I gotta say...that was a unique experience. Oh Ghost Grandpa and you Molotov Cocktail shenanigans...

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
    • Easy Talk Cafe
So tell me, can you still piss on hospitality, or is that not allowed?

Seriously, though, it's not often I get to hear the insights of one such as you.  Nobody ever thinks about the aftermath of such a turd as Troll 2.  I have so many questions, such as, "What were the writers smoking?" and "Who thought this was a good idea?" or maybe, "Did anybody think the freaky overacting woman was any good?" but I think the most pressing one is, "What the hell was the popcorn thing about?"  Seriously, I don't get it.

I asked him on MySpace and he didn't respond.......maybe he doesn't know what the hell that was about either.