login

Poll

The Power of polling compels you!

They've done it again; GREAT top tier Rifftrax.
0 (0%)
Excellent, fun Riff. An "8" (but also a 7 and 6. I should rethink this system)
1 (100%)
This was strikingly average. It was there.
0 (0%)
Below average. Literally this is located directly below the one that says "strikingly average"
0 (0%)
Well this is sad. The guys have all been lobotomized and lost their senses of humor and most of their motor skills. Boo! Hiss!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: How powerful was The Power? Only a ranking will tell  (Read 263 times)

Offline Anarchemist

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 21
How powerful was The Power? Only a ranking will tell
« on: June 07, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »
It just came out, I have not seen it and yes I leapt upon creating a new poll with the speed and fury of someone whose life is devoid of anything more meaningful at all. I'm very bored.

But this one looks like it might be funny. The clip was pretty funny. This, btw, is NOT the George Hamilton & Suzanne Pleshette movie from 1968 (how cool might that be though?!)
It is the 1984 movie starring no one who ever went onto, or came from, much of anything.
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
Re: How powerful was The Power? Only a ranking will tell
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 06:23:12 PM »
This was the first riff I've truly enjoyed in a while, and I've been a real funk lately so that this riff got some good laughs out of me says a lot.

Offline Anarchemist

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »
The sound of crickets chirping is deafening on this poll.....
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »
This was the first riff I've truly enjoyed in a while, and I've been a real funk lately so that this riff got some good laughs out of me says a lot.

Yeah, I've been pretty burned out recently too. The last one I really liked was Zombie. I haven't bought The Power yet, which is unusual for me. But if you liked it, it's probably worth checking out  :)

Offline Anarchemist

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »

Yeah, I've been pretty burned out recently too. The last one I really liked was Zombie. I haven't bought The Power yet, which is unusual for me. But if you liked it, it's probably worth checking out  :)

Yor, Hunter From..... was the last one I really liked and thought was "classic". Godmonster was another one. I've mostly been catching up on some older ones. Attack of the Puppet People is on Amazon Prime and I love that one.
I've also been down lately, looking for funny stuff to get me out of it. I finally sat down with headphones to watch Cinematic Titanic bootleg recording of the Astral Factor. That did NOT disappoint and was hysterical IMO. Makes me wish Doll Squad and Samson existed in some form as well.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 292
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:22:39 AM »
I like posting and reading reviews but I'm always a few releases behind. So busy I'm lucky if I watch one rifftrax a week so I haven't gotten burned out yet.

This one looks good though.

Would love to get my hands on the bootleg of Astral Factor. Surely the others exist in that form too?

Offline Anarchemist

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 01:38:50 PM »
I like posting and reading reviews but I'm always a few releases behind. So busy I'm lucky if I watch one rifftrax a week so I haven't gotten burned out yet.

This one looks good though.

Would love to get my hands on the bootleg of Astral Factor. Surely the others exist in that form too?

I am almost certain it is on YouTube. I do have it and would share it on Google drive if you like, but almost certain it is on youtube in the same quality. Someone synced the unauthorized audio recording of the live show to a decent print of the movie, so audio can be slightly muffled. Better with headphones.
If similar recordings exist of Doll Squad and Samson, I haven't found them anywhere. (Just FYI: for me, Cinematic Titanic was, and is, by far the funniest most consistently hysterical riffing project since mst at their peak. I rank almost every one of their releases really high. And I thought The Astral Factor was a really funny one even among them!)