login

Author Topic: What did you CARL!.. learn?  (Read 592 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 742
  • 5000 deaths and counting
What did you CARL!.. learn?
« on: May 05, 2019, 02:14:16 PM »
It's perfectly safe to fly to an island with exactly enough fuel to get there, and no guarantee you'll find more on said island.

Island natives love it when someone with a gun forces them to come with them.

There's a Walking Dead joke in the riff, and it ISN'T about Andrew Lincoln shouting "CARL!"

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 62
Re: What did you CARL!.. learn?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 07:35:11 PM »
I learned that practitioners of vodou speak Spanish, not French like you'd expect (what with vodou being primarily a Haitian religious activity). And that they'll listen to any random white dude who claims to be a powerful god-spirit.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
I learned a cast of unintentionally unlikable characters make for great riffing fodder. Seriously did any of them have a redeeming quality?
I learned the main bad guy watched the short on Grasses, since his mask was composed of it and clearly handmade. ACI knows their stuff.
I learned when the single word 'zombie' comes up, everyone starts singing The Cranberry's hits. Including me. I did do it before Mike brought it up.
I learned looking for a cure for cancer will allow you to create an army more invincible than an army of Faceless Giants.
I learned the main bad guy was going to kill his only leverage against the scientist he was forcing to work for him.
I learned the main bad guy invited a bunch of people on to his island where they could stumble on his plan for world domination was a bad idea. Like most things in this film it's counter intuitive.
I learned researchers for a cure for cancer will store a low yield thermonuclear device in their lair for some reason. And have no compunction against blowing up an island's native population. I guess everyone there was in on it?

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 04:54:15 AM »
I learned that WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                          WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                            WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP              WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                    WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                                                 WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                                     WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                                    WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP                          WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 08:50:32 AM »
I learned the same thing as the guy right above me.
I also learned that you can somehow conquer the world with a couple hundred slow moving guys.
I learned that the guys have the same relationship with calypso music as I do: only knowing those two Harry Bellafonte songs from Beetlejuice.
I learned that you can have a movie called I Eat Your Skin with no skin eating.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:52:08 AM by Pastor of Muppets »
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 08:21:48 AM »
I also learned that you can somehow conquer the world with a couple hundred slow moving guys.
I learned that the guys have the same relationship with calypso music as I do: only knowing those two Harry Bellafonte songs from Beetlejuice.

There was a bit of skin nibbling.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 10:19:31 AM »

There was a bit of skin nibbling.
There's less skin eating in this than there is in Poultrygeist.

"I know it's fattening, but I love the skin"

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 07:24:27 PM »

There's less skin eating in this than there is in Poultrygeist.

[/quote]

Ah yes, what Poultrygeist did for chickens, is what Thanskilling did for turkeys.

I'm not posting an image. There are some lines I refuse to cross.  :)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 172
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 11:29:48 AM »
I learned that there's a Spanish-speaking Caribbean Island that doesn't speak the Caribbean dialect of Spanish.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 08:19:59 PM »
I learned that general aviation pilots will remain inside a plane as a man carrying an obviously-labelled box of dynamite towards them even if they could easily escape.