login

Author Topic: Now Available - Zombie, AKA I Eat Your Skin  (Read 497 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - Zombie, AKA I Eat Your Skin
« on: April 29, 2019, 03:56:52 PM »

https://www.rifftrax.com/zombie-i-eat-your-skin

Zombie, AKA I Eat Your Skin, the movie so nice they named it twice!

Or, if you’re more into “facts,” the movie they renamed for a re-release in 1970 to be paired with I Drink Your Blood. It was an interesting move to change the name to I Eat Your Skin, though, since the movie contains absolutely no skin-eating at all. Not even an earlobe nibble! A more accurate title would have been I Occasionally Chop Off Heads With a Machete Because I’m The Voodoo Kind Of Zombie, Not The BRAAAAINS Kind. See how snappy that would have been!

Our hero is an oversexed pulp novelist who gets swarmed by women everywhere he goes, like he’s a Beatle or something. This time, he’s going to an island, and, we’re not kidding about this, the island is called Voodoo Island. What could go wrong? Well, plenty, because the island is home to a scientist who’s trying to cure cancer with snake venom, which keeps turning people into zombies instead. Big Pharma strikes again!

Will the novelist, his new girlfriend, and his alcoholic publisher friend get away with their lives? Will a novel be written? Will any skin be eaten? (The answer to that last one is a definitive NO). Join Mike, Kevin and Bill for a weekend jaunt down to Voodoo Island for Zombie, AKA I Eat Your Skin!

Written by:
Mike Nelson, Conor Lastowka, and Sean Thomason

Contributing Writers:
Jason Miller and Zachary Shatzer

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 14
Re: Now Available - Zombie, AKA I Eat Your Skin
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:14 AM »
This is a really odd one - from the title I had expected a low-budget horror slasher or a cheap exploitative show-off-those-savages movie, but it was neither.
Instead it is a 60s flick about a womanizing writer that visits an island where a mad scientist turns people into zombies using radiated snake venom. And it is so much more boring than this brief description can convey! The only thing that saves this trainwreck is the riffing, otherwise there would be a high risk of falling asleep during one of the endless "witty" dialog scenes.

If I had to compare it to one of the classic MST3K episodes I would go with The Horrors Of Spider Island, so if you enjoyed that one but thought it had too many beautiful women wrestling, then I Eat Your Skin But Not Really is for you.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
I was literally 30 minuets in before I realized the guy married to Carl and the womanizer were two different characters.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 301
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 02:07:37 AM »
Horror of Party Beach is my all time favorite Mike era riff so I'm excited about this one.

Btw, did anyone see Atom Age Vampire pop up in the new releases preview section on the home page a week or so ago?! I assume it was an Elliott and Potter riff they haven't released yet, but it was strange to see it there and then it disappeared...or have I spent too much time on Voodoo-Spider Island?

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 08:53:57 AM »
Btw, did anyone see Atom Age Vampire pop up in the new releases preview section on the home page a week or so ago?! I assume it was an Elliott and Potter riff they haven't released yet, but it was strange to see it there and then it disappeared...or have I spent too much time on Voodoo-Spider Island?

So I didn't hallucinate that. Yeah, I saw it too. As far as I could tell, it was never actually put up for sale.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »

So I didn't hallucinate that. Yeah, I saw it too. As far as I could tell, it was never actually put up for sale.
https://www.rifftrax.com/atom-age-vampire
"Access Denied", not "Not Found" hmmm...

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 56
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 07:27:26 PM »
Definitely liked this one. The guys did indeed seem to have fun with this. It's a simple straightforward one to make fun of and his plenty of fodder to riff. The characters being repellent caricatures instead of indearing like they were supposed to be helped so much. An unlikeable womanizer, his enabler alcoholic buddy, his annoying wife named Coral and pronounced Carl, I was only disappointed they didn't end up dead.

I would recommend it fer sure.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 166
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 11:30:32 AM »
This is one of the better B&W movies Rifftrax & MST3K have taken on. Even so, the Spanish in the movie is noticeably Un-Caribbean (I can tell because I live in NYC and my sister lives in Miami, so we come in contact with a lot of Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and Cubans, and their Spanish is VERY unlike the Spanish used in the movie).