Author Topic: Avengers: Endgame - SPOILERS HERE  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Avengers: Endgame - SPOILERS HERE
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
When Cap takes the stones back, he also has Mjolnir. I assume he returned it to Thor in the other timeline? It's not an infinity stone, but I assume it's pretty important to that timeline.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 562
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
When Cap takes the stones back, he also has Mjolnir. I assume he returned it to Thor in the other timeline? It's not an infinity stone, but I assume it's pretty important to that timeline.
I thought about that last night and in my head I was like oh yeah he has to take Mjolnir back to past Thor.

One of the biggest HFS moments in the movie is probably where "Professor" Hulk is looking up at the sky... and we see missiles coming down towards Avengers HQ. During the first showing of the move I was thinking about what possible plan Nebula might have to try and wreck the Avengers plan, then when I saw the Circulos coming through the quantum realm I was like "HOLY SHIT".

Getting to see it twice gives you the luxury of picking on things you might have missed or forgot about the first time. No movie is perfect, but Endgame is pretty close to perfection IMHO. The only thing I'm bothered by is 4, maybe 5 lines of dialogue in the entire film. In a three hour film, that's not bad.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »

one point twenty-one gigabucks!
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 12:04:15 PM »
Nice!  ;D

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 08:55:38 AM »
You know, that moment when it looks like Thanos is going to re-snap was genuinely suspenseful to me on a meta level because the way he'd been setting it up sounds EXACTLY like how comic book universes do their reboots. "Shouldn't have let everyone remember the vanished. So I'm going to completely change everything from the ground up. Maybe there will be mutants this time!"

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2019, 09:20:04 AM »
I wish I had that. But what about Doctor Strange saying this is the only way they'll win?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »
I wish I had that. But what about Doctor Strange saying this is the only way they'll win?

It's the only way the FANS win. Mutants and Fantastic Four are now part of the MCU. ;P
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2019, 04:11:07 PM »
I'm still very apprehensive about possibly bringing the FF into the MCU. I'm just not sure how anybody can pull them off in a successful manner(since it's already been tried three times now). Now the X-men? That's a totally different story, just need to find an actor capable of filling good old Wolverine's shoes.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2019, 04:26:50 PM »
I'm still very apprehensive about possibly bringing the FF into the MCU. I'm just not sure how anybody can pull them off in a successful manner(since it's already been tried three times now). Now the X-men? That's a totally different story, just need to find an actor capable of filling good old Wolverine's shoes.

Huh, I'm the complete opposite. Fantastic Four seems very easy to integrate and should be easy to translate into a great film, given they've done so well with worse material.

The X-Men terrifies me. I don't see how it doesn't become a mess.
FINE

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »

Huh, I'm the complete opposite. Fantastic Four seems very easy to integrate and should be easy to translate into a great film, given they've done so well with worse material.

There is a great version of FF already. It's called The Incredibles.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 04:05:38 PM »

There is a great version of FF already. It's called The Incredibles.

Honestly, that is one of my least favourite versions of FF movies.

At least the others were trainwrecks - The Incredibles is just a snooze.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »
Oh, I dunno. The old, "It sucks that everyone likes popular stuff, but nobody likes niche stuff" argument never held much water for me.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 06:40:35 PM »
Oh, I dunno. The old, "It sucks that everyone likes popular stuff, but nobody likes niche stuff" argument never held much water for me.

It didn't seem like he thought it sucked so much as it was just happening?

"I can also honestly say that, at this point, I'm more curious than apprehensive about what the future will bring. This is the kind of cultural moment that people tell their grandkids and great-nephews and nieces about. Whether the tone of the remembrance is sad or wondrous depends on who's telling it, but tell it they will, because it's happening, right now, to all of us. It's not often that you get to watch the complete transformation and eventual fusion of two art forms, the transformation of art and entertainment itself, and the technology that supplies and defines it. "
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 07:01:21 PM »
There's an air of mourning in there, but yeah, it's not totally negative either.

I've always been drawn to serialized stories. Not that there's anything wrong with a self-contained viewing experience, but there's something exciting about knowing that something that happened in issue 23 might come back to haunt someone all the way in issue 80, and it rewards you for being there from the start, taking it all in. While growing up, there really wasn't a lot of entertainment like that. Most TV shows were designed with the idea that everything had to be back to normal by the end of the episode. You could watch the episodes out of order and nothing would seem out of place. I would live for those 2-parter TV episodes, or movies with sequels. Then I got into comic books and I loved that they never ended and always remembered their past. I can still remember coming out of Iron Man after seeing that post-credits movie sequence and excitedly saying after, "Wouldn't it be awesome if they could release all of these superhero movies together and Spider-Man could drop in on The Hulk's movies now and then, just like in the comics?" Watching all of that actually come to be has been glorious.

What I love most about this whole transformation (If you will) is that things like Game of Thrones or Marvel Movies or even Star Wars used to be fringe stuff. Only the geeks watched that stuff. Now I can discuss it openly at work with coworkers almost twice my age. It's like the world has figured out something about geek culture that I've known all along.

This rant has ended up all over the place, but I guess what I'm saying is I have absolutely no reservations about the future of cinema or TV or entertainment in general. I love that we're here.