login

Author Topic: A new Matrix movie is happening  (Read 540 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
A new Matrix movie is happening
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
Deadline August 20, 2019:
New ‘Matrix’ Movie In Works, Keanu Reeves & Carrie-Anne Moss Returning, Co-Creator Lana Wachowski Writing & Directingg
Quote from: Anthony D'Alessandro
A new Matrix movie is happening at Warner Bros, with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity and Lana Wachowski set to write and direct an all-new film set in the genre-defining world.

Warner Bros will co-produce with the franchise’s original co-producer Village Roadshow.

Warner Bros Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement today. Lana Wachowski is producing with Grant Hill. Wachowski is also co-writing with Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering The Matrix with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in The Matrix universe.”

The three previous films, created with Lilly Wachowski writing and directing—The Matrix (1999), The Matrix Reloaded (2003) and The Matrix Revolutions (2003)—have earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office and were all Top 10 domestic hits in their year of release. The Matrix Revolutions was also the first film ever to release simultaneously in every major country at the same hour around the world. The Matrix also spawned a successful video game in 2003 timed to Matrix Reloaded: Atari’s Enter the Matrix, which sold more than 5 million copies worldwide, with close to $60 million in U.S. sales.

Special 20th anniversary screenings of The Matrix are being held at select AMC Theatres locations across the U.S. starting August 30.

Earlier this summer, Reeves took Lionsgate’s John Wick franchise to a new height at the box office with John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum earning $321.3M worldwide, $170.7M domestic.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:08:50 PM by Edward J Grug III »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7312
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: A new Matrix movie is happening
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 10:49:42 PM »
who's larry?

also, why is this movie being made?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6506
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 05:46:51 AM »
After the last two, NO!

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1036
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 11:10:46 AM »
I know a lot of people want it, but I think it's just because for the last two years or so Keanu Reeves has been riding the hype train that is the John Wick films. If the Wachowskis are still making this I have absolutely zero desire to see it. That, and I have never cared for Keanu Reeves and honestly I think the John Wick movies are seriously overrated. It takes a lot more to make a movie than flashy fight choreography, which is first and foremost the thing that stands out most when I think about those movies.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 08:08:18 PM »
After the last two, NO!

You know, the last two were absolutely terrible, I agree.  But that makes me come to the opposite conclusion. The last two were so bad that I’m not worried about them ruining the franchise or anything. They can’t make things any worse. And who knows, maybe they catch some of the appeal of the first film if they try something new.  I’m not like excited for it, but I’m not mad that it’s getting made. If people end up saying it’s worth seeing, I’ll probably see it.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6506
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 01:22:01 PM »
The last two were so bad that I’m not worried about them ruining the franchise or anything. They can’t make things any worse.
Never say that!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3241
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 05:09:34 PM »
who's larry?

Fixed. I hope that was a mistake on Deadline's end, and not Henry88's doing.

Edit - Just noted the text quoted has Lana, which makes me more worried that is was deliberate.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:33:23 PM by Edward J Grug III »
FINE

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »
who's larry?

Fixed. I hope that was a mistake on Deadline's end, and not Henry88's doing.

Edit - Just noted the text quoted has Lana, which makes me more worried that is was deliberate.

i just copy and pasted  it from another source i had no clue what was going on till i got a PM from you, but it was not me.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:14:38 PM by Henry88 »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3241
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 06:14:59 PM »
Great! That was really sloppy of Deadline.
FINE