login

Author Topic: What did we learn from those radioactive cat eyes?  (Read 406 times)

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 15
What did we learn from those radioactive cat eyes?
« on: April 19, 2019, 07:28:47 AM »
I learned that baby Rick Baker gave them a ton of material to work with on both the suit and the hugely laughable babies
I learned The Condor RV was a good set piece. We learned to love it since we were always there. It either had a 300 gallon fuel tank or got 50mpg given how they used it.
I missed the Jeff Morrow references or weren't there any?
I learned that the nose flute is real thanks to the Mutiny of Love music video at the beginning. Now to go see where it lives on my Driptrax
I learned that no movie since the Castle of Fu Manchu has baffled the crew like this one.
I learned that the actress in this movie met a horrible end during the filming. /sigh
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 57
Re: What did we learn from those radioactive cat eyes?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:27:43 AM »
I learned you can use up all the oxygen with a small ring of fire in the open air and make things pass out in the middle of said ring of fire.
I learned you can also make the ring of fire around your fiancee, light it up, then jump in and get her. Creatures can't jump out, though.
I think I learned it was supposed to have 8 tentacles, with the things coming off the legs as being tentacles off tentacles to make 8.
I learned the name of no one in this, since much like the guys, if a name was thrown around I didn't know who they were talking about.
I learned you can spear things with tentacles. Who knew?
I learned what the rough draft of Creature from the Black Lagoon looked like, and that the changes were for the better.
I learned you can have more cave dwelling in a movie about an Octaman than in a movie called Cave Dwellers.
I learned that Octaman has existed for years, but recent radioactivity made the water mutate things. So... I'm not sure what we were supposed to learn from that.
I learned people can go from 'let's get out of here' to 'let's hunt that bad boy down' to 'let's get out of here' from scene to scene.
I learned Bill has a breaking point, and I don't blame him.
I learned no one died in the second act, which makes no sense since there were so many superfluous characters you could have whacked all but two for the finale.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 166
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 03:23:56 AM »
I learned that there are directors so incompetent that I would cheer for the bad guy, and I’m such an easy mark that I would cheer for whomever the director wants me to cheer for!

I learned that Bill has a breaking point.

I learned that Octopodes make sounds like mammals

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 737
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 12:49:51 AM »
I learned that Octopodes make sounds like mammals

I'm only just now getting to watch this. When it got to that point, I honestly thought one of my cats was meowing at me.