login

Author Topic: The Plot is quite good...  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
The Plot is quite good...
« on: January 25, 2008, 01:10:54 PM »
Young farm boy wishes for adventure, All of his friends leave and join the imperial army, and he wishes he could leave the farm too. by chance he comes across an item that is from a world he knows not of because of his farm boy ignorance. This item is being searched for by some evil people. He stumbles across an old creepy guy who has a secret past that tells him a story about a group of warriors that were killed off by a fellow person of this group, just an evil one.

He thinks the story is kind of cool, but he learns of the bad guys searching for his item. He runs home only to find his living relatives dead (being the only thing that tied him to that place).

He embarks on the journey with the guy, begins his training. Learns that he has great power, and that this new world is great. The old guy dies, he is sad. He journeys to the rebel base with a new friend, and then becuase him going to the rebel base revealed where the rebel base is to the enemy. A huge battle ensues. He saves the day.

Now guess what movie this is....

I expect George Lucas to file a lawsuit for plagarism very soon.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
Re: The Plot is quite good...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:59:58 PM »
JUST Lucas?  Sides I don't think plot points are plagiarism worthy.  Terrible movie though.

Offline Fortis

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »
JUST Lucas?  Sides I don't think plot points are plagiarism worthy.  Terrible movie though.

Yeah, you can't...But its still rediculous, it really is borderline plagiarism

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:27:26 PM »
He can't be sued, it falls under parody. ;D
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Fortis

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:00:16 PM »
He can't be sued, it falls under parody. ;D

haha true that. It still makes me sick to think that 16 year old kid did that and got away with it. I wonder if he knew what he was doing, or if his copy off of starwars was just a happy accident.

Kzinistzerg

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
Well... It IS a fairly common plotline.

IT'S STILL BLOODY IRRITATING.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
The book's much better, but it still borrows a lot.  The world, like most any fantasy worlds, is Tolkeinesque, as Tolkein invented modern fantasy, and the plot, at least of the first book, is very much Star Wars, just in a different setting.

Think about it.  A long time ago in a galaxy fantasy world far, far away, there were these guys known as Jedi dragon riders who used the force dragons and magic to be the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic whatever they had before now.  Then, an ambitious young Jedi rider named Anakin Galbatorix decided that the others were holding him back and, in a quest to gain power, overthrew the old order and hunted down and killed nearly all of the other Jedi knights riders, then started his evil galactic empire.  Flash forward a bit.  Princess Leia Aria is carrying the Rebellion's Varden's last hope, the stolen Death Star plans dragon egg on her starship horse when she is ambushed by agents of the Empire and is forced to send it away on an escape pod with magic into the middle of nowhere, where it is stumbled upon by a young boy named Luke Eragon, who is a poor farm boy who lives with his uncle, since his parents are both gone.  Before long, stormtroopers not orcs come looking for the droidsagon and kill Luke's Eragon's uncle to find them.  Then, the wisened old sage, who was once a Jedi rider himself, takes the boy on a journey to deliver the plans dragon to the rebels on Alderaan Varden in the mountains.  Along the way, they run into a jack-of-all-trades loner scoundrel guy, who helps them save Princess Leia Aria, killing Obi-Brom Kenobi in the process.  Then, when they go find the rebels on Yavin Varden in the mountains, only to find that they have led the Empire there.  Then, an epic battle ensues, in which Luke Eragon must use the force magic and his dragon to defeat the Emporer's ultimate weapon, the Death Star a shade by hitting a small, thermal exhaust port, right below the main port his heart.  The rebels Varden win, and we go on to the sequel, because the Empire's still alive and well.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Fortis

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
The book's much better, but it still borrows a lot.  The world, like most any fantasy worlds, is Tolkeinesque, as Tolkein invented modern fantasy, and the plot, at least of the first book, is very much Star Wars, just in a different setting.

Think about it.  A long time ago in a galaxy fantasy world far, far away, there were these guys known as Jedi dragon riders who used the force dragons and magic to be the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic whatever they had before now.  Then, an ambitious young Jedi rider named Anakin Galbatorix decided that the others were holding him back and, in a quest to gain power, overthrew the old order and hunted down and killed nearly all of the other Jedi knights riders, then started his evil galactic empire.  Flash forward a bit.  Princess Leia Aria is carrying the Rebellion's Varden's last hope, the stolen Death Star plans dragon egg on her starship horse when she is ambushed by agents of the Empire and is forced to send it away on an escape pod with magic into the middle of nowhere, where it is stumbled upon by a young boy named Luke Eragon, who is a poor farm boy who lives with his uncle, since his parents are both gone.  Before long, stormtroopers not orcs come looking for the droidsagon and kill Luke's Eragon's uncle to find them.  Then, the wisened old sage, who was once a Jedi rider himself, takes the boy on a journey to deliver the plans dragon to the rebels on Alderaan Varden in the mountains.  Along the way, they run into a jack-of-all-trades loner scoundrel guy, who helps them save Princess Leia Aria, killing Obi-Brom Kenobi in the process.  Then, when they go find the rebels on Yavin Varden in the mountains, only to find that they have led the Empire there.  Then, an epic battle ensues, in which Luke Eragon must use the force magic and his dragon to defeat the Emporer's ultimate weapon, the Death Star a shade by hitting a small, thermal exhaust port, right below the main port his heart.  The rebels Varden win, and we go on to the sequel, because the Empire's still alive and well.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself...in fact, I didn't. I like your post much better.

Offline arutha1000

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 08:01:38 PM »
Isn't Yoda in "Eldest" (Brom's teacher hidden and Eragon must leave the rebels to complete his training)? And

***spoiler for "Eldest"***

doesn't the villain who betrayed the Dragon Riders and hunted them to extinction turn out to be Eragon's father? Pretty much Darth Vader?

Offline Fortis

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »
holy crap...I was praying that this guy would come up with his own story for the 2nd/3rd books...He is insane, I know you can't copyright words, but this has to be grounds for George Lucas to sue...

I swear if he decides to come out with 3 prequel books 20 years after he finishes his 3rd book...I may have to kill him myself...well, beat him senseless at least.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 11:50:13 PM »
From what I understand that third book has been in limbo for a long-ass time.  Maybe he came to his senses/got scared of the fan's reaction and is just going to quit now
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Fortis

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 11:50:41 AM »
I just saw on Amazon that the third book is coming out soon...Its a sad day for the fantasy genre.

Offline arutha1000

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
I'm going out on a limb and assuming that anyone who has seen "Return of the Jedi" already knows the story of book 3.