login

Author Topic: The Girl From What Did You Learn?  (Read 574 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 454
The Girl From What Did You Learn?
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »
I learned that you go go an entire movie without ever once establishing characters, plot, motivations, goals of the characters, or really telling us anything about anything going on and why we should care.

I learned that the 60s was very open, and not restrictive, of side-boob, under-boob, top-boob, and just straight boob. 

There's a lot to like in this movie, I'll be honest.

But, man, there's a lot to dislike about this movie too. Sheesh.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 242
Re: The Girl From What Did You Learn?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 06:30:48 PM »
I learned or at least was reminded that bad 60s movies featured a lot of ridiculous costumes.
I learned that being forced to have sex with multiple beautiful women is considered a form of torture.
I learned that a movie with very little real plot could still confuse me with it's plot (something about 10 million dollars in a briefcase or maybe that 10 million dollars didn't exist- I have no idea other than something something something 10 million dollars). 

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 04:48:58 PM »
I learned that a movie with very little real plot could still confuse me with it's plot (something about 10 million dollars in a briefcase or maybe that 10 million dollars didn't exist- I have no idea other than something something something 10 million dollars).

Kind of where I'm at.  It's like nothing happened in that movie, but a LOT of stuff happened.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 675
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 05:07:30 PM »
You don't have to bother getting a filming permit if you put your camera a mile away.

Offline moviesign

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:36:32 PM »
I learned that you can easily disarm an attacker by lightly slapping their wrist.

Also, electrical tape is wholly ineffective as a silencing agent as you can speak through it and be clearly heard, with no reduction in volume or clarity
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
I learned that apparently all RiffTrax releases have to be ~77 minutes now no matter what the actual running time of the movie is and it obviously isn't being done to cut out nudity or things like that.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 260
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 05:45:03 AM »
I learned that people took WAY too many drugs in the late 60s. Most of the "WTF-was-that-about" movies seem to come from that time period.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 349
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 05:05:48 AM »
I learned two new forms of torture: deadly table fans and getting sexually licked by multiple attractive women at once.

I learned that the security forces of matriarchal island societies will be armed, but no firearm training whatsoever.

I also learned that these security forces don't stand guard anywhere, but rather just kind of mill around and chase security threats when they spring up.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:10:48 AM by Pastor of Muppets »
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:58 PM »
I learned two new forms of torture: deadly table fans and getting sexually licked by multiple attractive women at once.

Yeah, it's called being "Torgo-ed". The second part that is. Seriously, I can't be the only person who thought that.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 03:27:40 PM »
You can set your movie in Rio, and even have Rio in the title, and never once show the Cristo Redentor (The Jesus Statue). You couldn't dig up any stock footage of a 100 foot statue? It's only about 80 years old  ::)

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »
I learned that you can clearly steal one plane, a C-123 Provider,  then be in the cockpit of a DC-3 the next, while next showing the tail of same C-123 and then showing a DC-3 in the air. It makes aviation nuts like me .... well nuts
I learned that this was Shirley Eaton's last role and I feel honestly bad about that. She chose to retire form acting after this and didn't have to. She wanted to raise her family and that's cool of her.
I learned that guns are really pointless until the final fight and then mostly pointless then
I learned you can put mind control gas at peoples feet and that they will breathe it in from here
Oh and the Space Mutiny rule was in use here. Dental machinery torture device in use!
I learned that you had all of these women showing side, under, over, and whatever boobage during carnival and yet not one bead on the island
I learned that one of the women got fed up with the above line and just said screw it and wore her bra for one of the scenes
I learned that I focused on one thing in this movie a bit more than the others while typing this list out because there really wasn't much else to focus on other than hotel sport shirts.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »

Yeah, it's called being "Torgo-ed". The second part that is. Seriously, I can't be the only person who thought that.

Yeah, that was my thought too. He was "Torgo-ed."

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 39
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 11:12:41 AM »
I learned there is a more boring secret agent than the guy from Pressure Point. Arguably less charismatic as well.
I learned you can take over a whole city state from a bunch of women with only 4 helicopters. Not attack helicopters. Regular ones.
I learned your hundreds strong elite guard can only kill one very old man. Seriously, even Stormtroopers were laughing at their inaccuracy.
I learned the hottest chick in the movie was very old man's accountant.
I learned you can swim with phones. Not cel phones. Actual phones.
I learned nudity in rifftrax is fine in some films. This was one of them. It just worked
I learned leader chick likes eye candy more than a Bond villain.
I learned that normally when I can't stand a lead, I want the bad guys to punch the good guy in the face repeatedly. But I couldn't stand the bad guys either.