Author Topic: F&$K SPECTRUM AND THEIR IN DEMAND SERVICE!  (Read 599 times)

Online stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 126
F&$K SPECTRUM AND THEIR IN DEMAND SERVICE!
« on: October 20, 2019, 12:10:25 PM »
Okay, why do we even bother using iN Demand at all? Because there is a series we watch, and we missed an episode.  It could be because we didn't know the season had begun until a couple of weeks in, or because the DVR recorded blank or cut off after five minutes or otherwise malfunctioned, or because there was a f&$king baseball/basketball/hockey/any other sport event that ran over preempting the episode in our time zone, or because we only just heard of the series from a friend and wanted to begin watching it weeks into the series, or most likely because the f@$king cable was out again and not restored until after the episode had aired. iN Demand is only used because my other options are gone. I barely use it, which is why it is so frustrating when on the occasions I need it, it fails me. Which means it must be failing all the time. I am talking about missing episodes that are suppose to be there.  Almost any series is missing episodes on the menu, something unforgivable these days where most series are continuing story arcs and each episode is a chapter. miss an episode and you are stuck, unable to skip to the next episode because you would no longer know what is going on.

You try to reason with your cable company. You call them up to tell them content is missing and they basically hang up on you. Call again and they claim something must be wrong with your cable box, and hang up on you. Call again, wait on hold for another 40 minutes, and they claim the network hosting the show didn't send them that episode. Contact the network and they say they have sent iN Demand that episode and it should be available. Call the cable company again, wait on hold again, and they claim the network is withholding the episode so you will watch it on their website. Except that it ISN'T AVAILABEL ON THEIR WEBSITE! And then they tell you iN Demand is a free service and they aren't obligated to give you every episode of everything. Except iN Demand isn't free. It's operation cost is factored into your bill. If there was no iN Demand, your cable bill would be about $15 less. Even if you only pay for basic cable, you are being charged the $15 for the iN Demand service. So basically they ignore you and treat you like you are stupid for trying to get the service you had paid for.

The latest injustice. I would have liked to have seen season 2 of Final Space But for some reason episodes #1 and #2 were not on iN Demand, despite episodes #3 through #13 being available. I waited months for the first two episodes to be added. Finally, with the deadline for the show being available on iN Demand ending Monday, they were added this weekend,. So I now have episodes #1 and #2 on iN Demand. But in return they removed episodes #6 through #13 prematurely. What the? So basically Spectrum wants to make it impossible to watch Final Space season 2 on iN Demand. How could you be so demented as to finally add the first two chapters of a story you were being told was not up, and then deliberately remove the rest of the story early so it can't even be binge watched the final weekend it is available. What a bunch of assholes! And they wonder why people are cancelling their cable and subscribing to Hulu.

Online wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 310
Re: F&$K SPECTRUM AND THEIR IN DEMAND SERVICE!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 07:29:31 AM »
I concur that Spectrum iN Demand is much more miss then hit. The unskippable commercials (when it does work as it's supposed to work) are also annoying. I've been at the point for a couple of years now where I could easily cancel our cable TV sub and not miss it, but have yet to convince the wife. Would have at least switched to satellite by now of it weren't for the fact that Spectrum is our only choice for broadband internet service.

Online wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »
Been battling Spectrum over a repeated overcharge for months and months. Keep getting told that things will be corrected on my next bill and they never are. Last call I was told that they could only make corrections going back 2 months and that I should have read their terms of service. So I filed a complaint with the state's consumer protection agency yesterday. Time will tell, but I got an apologetic call from Spectrum today saying that they received my complaint from the state and they're working on my refund.

Online wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 09:46:38 AM »
Received another very apologetic call from Spectrum today admitting fault, stating that my bill would be corrected and I would be refunded the full amount I was overcharged and not just the last 2 months. Stll not 100% convinced, but judging by how quickly they called it seems like they take consumer protection complaints seriously.