login

Author Topic: Things in media that scared you as a kid.  (Read 707 times)

Offline F-Zero

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 27
Re: Things in media that scared you as a kid.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 03:48:34 PM »
My god, you kids. I saw a black and white horror movie on TV a million years ago with a running tree in it. That horrible looking thing gave me nightmares for years. What was that movie called? I can't seem to google my way to it without a title. Maybe if I hum a few bars...? It took place in the jungle I know that much. A little help?

Was it From Hell it Came (1957)?

AH! That's it. That's the creature of my nightmares. God that thing is hideous. How the heck did you find that?

Offline F-Zero

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 03:51:31 PM »
Anything shark related scared me as a kid, but it fascinated me because it scared me.

I remember being terrified by the owl scene in The Secret Of Nymh.

I was 7 when Mickey's Christmas Carol was originally released, and I can remember being so scared of the scene when Scrooge was being forced into the fiery grave that I made my parents take me home. I didn't find out until years later that it was literally seconds before the happy ending.

I was probably a young teen when I saw on TV the bit in Day Of The Dead where they rip Rhodes apart while he's screaming. I had no idea what movie it was from. I loved horror movies at that point, but I avoided many zombie movies until my 20s because I didn't know which one had that scene in it.

I owe you one

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5621
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:44 AM »
Anything shark related scared me as a kid, but it fascinated me because it scared me.

I was 7 when Mickey's Christmas Carol was originally released, and I can remember being so scared of the scene when Scrooge was being forced into the fiery grave that I made my parents take me home. I didn't find out until years later that it was literally seconds before the happy ending.

I was probably a young teen when I saw on TV the bit in Day Of The Dead where they rip Rhodes apart while he's screaming. I had no idea what movie it was from. I loved horror movies at that point, but I avoided many zombie movies until my 20s because I didn't know which one had that scene in it.

I owe you one
It's ironic because now that I am accustomed to more gore Day of the Dead is by far my favorite of the Romero zombie movies.

Offline F-Zero

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 05:40:00 AM »

I owe you one
It's ironic because now that I am accustomed to more gore Day of the Dead is by far my favorite of the Romero zombie movies.

I feel like giving it a look right now. Isn't it funny how all the human characters in Romero zombie movies are so mean? It's like he's saying we deserve it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5621
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 06:42:00 AM »

I feel like giving it a look right now. Isn't it funny how all the human characters in Romero zombie movies are so mean? It's like he's saying we deserve it.
Romero uses zombie movies to explore characters and how they react to such extreme circumstances. Not all his characters are mean, but people do often react badly to civilization they are dependent on crumbling around them.

AH! That's it. That's the creature of my nightmares. God that thing is hideous. How the heck did you find that?

I've seen it on lists of goofiest monsters. And the movie may have been reviewed by any one of the many youtube movie reviewers that I like to watch.