login

Author Topic: Star Wars 'The Mandalorian'  (Read 6562 times)

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5704
Re: Star Wars 'The Mandalorian'
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2020, 07:41:21 AM »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1797
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »
Baby yoda had some very cute moments in the last episode, but other than that, it was a dud. Action without any interesting characters. Discovering plot points just by chance.  Seemed like the episode only had two things to say, and needed to build an episode around those two things. So they filled the rest of the episode with dumb action lines like “let’s see what this baby can do”, and “Go go go go go.” 

This is the first one of the season I didn’t enjoy.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1139
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2020, 12:32:59 PM »
I'm not a big fan of everything these days becoming a TV show... but I think it's more fair if we try and look at this whole thing through a different lens. I think we need to wait and see how this is all going to look when the final episode of this season ends.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6638
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2020, 01:01:33 PM »
I'm not a big fan of everything these days becoming a TV show... but I think it's more fair if we try and look at this whole thing through a different lens. I think we need to wait and see how this is all going to look when the final episode of this season ends.
I agree. One thing I have noticed in a bunch of the Netflix shows is that they only have about an hour of plot but stretch it to 8 hour long episodes. But Mandalorian has the advantage that he goes from place to place and has different types of adventures. So while it's still episodic it doesn't feel stale. It's also mostly about exploring parts of the Star Wars universe that we wouldn't necessarily see otherwise.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »
Meanwhile at Williams Sonoma...

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7405
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »
are those made with the blue milk?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2020, 12:07:01 AM »
If those Macaroons are made with Blue Milk, that would be awesome. With all the millions that must go into product R and D, how come they can't develop a cookie that has a minimal amount of calories? Honestly, the Nilla Wafers are relatively light on the calories... but they're unfortunately like lays potato chips, you can never eat just one.

Has anybody tried the Mandalorian cereal? It's... it's alright. It's basically Kix with marshmallows, so as a result at least it's not swarming with unholy amounts of sugar like Lucky Charms or Frosted Flakes.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3944
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2020, 03:22:07 PM »
Star Wars Facebook page just announced Ashoka, a live-action series taking place in the Mandalorian timeline. Either the episode got a REALLY good response, or this was the plan the whole time.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5068
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »
Star Wars Facebook page just announced Ashoka, a live-action series taking place in the Mandalorian timeline. Either the episode got a REALLY good response, or this was the plan the whole time.

Actually, it was her presence in the Mandalorian episode that got me to consider watching the Clone Wars series.  I suspect it primed a lot of other people as well.

I think your second supposition is the more likely one (that it was the plan the whole time), because there's no way they could have done all the prep work for a series and announced it just since the episode aired.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2020, 10:39:19 PM »
That last episode... after that last scene was the freaking bomb. If Moff Gideon is as resourceful and cunning as his Breaking Bad counterpart, he might be the villain for at least a few more seasons. At least, that's what I hope. I find villains a lot more interesting and memorable when they are survivors who don't meet their end until the very bitter end, possibly during the last season of the show.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7405
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »
re: this week:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2020, 09:36:35 PM »
I had been under the impression that this series took place after Episode IX.  With the discussion of Jedi as something in the distant past that was now believed myth, it simply didn't seem possible that it was coincident with or just after the original trilogy.  It was actually confusing to find the reveal at the end of the main body of s2e8.

So The Mandalorian series takes place after episode VI and before episode VII of the films?

Spoiled for details on reveal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2020, 09:40:26 PM »
Yeah it's been stated that it takes place after RotJ.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3944
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:46 PM »
I think it's supposed to be that Mando hangs out on the Outer Rim where the fall of the Empire was such distant news that a lot of the details seem like rumors or legends. (There's a bit of that going on in The Force Awakens where Rey hangs out as well.)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »
I think it's supposed to be that Mando hangs out on the Outer Rim where the fall of the Empire was such distant news that a lot of the details seem like rumors or legends. (There's a bit of that going on in The Force Awakens where Rey hangs out as well.)

OK... that makes sense.  Just as pre-internet, people had difficulties understanding and identifying with events happening on the other side of the planet.