Author Topic: Star Wars 'The Mandalorian'  (Read 7292 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7442
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Star Wars 'The Mandalorian'
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NGOeBEtfYrM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NGOeBEtfYrM</a>
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2019, 05:59:53 AM »
i'm looking forward to season 2. lots of potential threads still hanging loose.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1198
  • Everyday ends with a tums festival!
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »
This first season was amazing, freaking amazing. I'm wanting to say that at least for now it seems to be the best TV show ever. Of course... time will tell if that is an accurate assessment or just... over inflated optimism.
"In all my years of conquest, violence, and slaughter, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm going to enjoy it... very very much."
-Thanos

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3225
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2019, 10:17:02 PM »
Watched all of it this evening, that was pretty amazing, between this and season 2 of Lost In Space there is some seriously good science fiction coming out of the streaming services.  Just too bad we have to wait 2 years between seasons.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2019, 11:53:44 PM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2019, 04:47:37 AM »
i'd really like to see a movie or show set during the prequels, because--yet again--nobody seems to know that jedi were a thing. the mandalorian is, what, like sixty years after phantom menace? i have a hard time believing that palpatine was able to wipe the entire galaxy's memory of the existence of jedi in such a short time.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 07:45:43 AM »
i'd really like to see a movie or show set during the prequels, because--yet again--nobody seems to know that jedi were a thing. the mandalorian is, what, like sixty years after phantom menace? i have a hard time believing that palpatine was able to wipe the entire galaxy's memory of the existence of jedi in such a short time.

It would only take a few generations, successful dictatorships always target education, do you think school children in North Korea learn any true history?

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 07:59:49 AM »
north korea isn't the only group of people on earth, though. if it were just people from, like, coruscant and corellia who no longer knew about jedi, that might make sense. but the whole galaxy? what about long-lived species who were alive at the time? weren't the jedi canonically involved in the siege of mandalore?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 08:12:37 AM »
north korea isn't the only group of people on earth, though. if it were just people from, like, coruscant and corellia who no longer knew about jedi, that might make sense. but the whole galaxy? what about long-lived species who were alive at the time? weren't the jedi canonically involved in the siege of mandalore?

It's a fantasy world where the empire was everywhere, so yeah, the whole galaxy stopped talking about the jedi.  There were obviously some people that kept the memory alive, hence the "rumors".

It is kind of hard to believe that an ex resistance fighter would not know about Luke and the force.  But although this has better writing than most star wars stuff it's still fantasy, not hard science fiction, so stop over thinking it.  :D

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2020, 11:29:02 AM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6694
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 06:38:06 AM »
I watched the first two episodes yesterday and I am really enjoying it. It is (so far) well thought out, which is a soothing balm after the frustrations of the last two Star Wars movies.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 10:28:14 AM »
I watched the first two episodes yesterday and I am really enjoying it. It is (so far) well thought out, which is a soothing balm after the frustrations of the last two Star Wars movies.

My brother has such a bad taste in his mouth from the Star Wars movies he won't touch Mandalorian with a ten foot pole.  I'm BEGGING him to watch but he won't!  What a loss!  Stupid headstrong mule.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6694
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 11:56:24 AM »

My brother has such a bad taste in his mouth from the Star Wars movies he won't touch Mandalorian with a ten foot pole.  I'm BEGGING him to watch but he won't!  What a loss!  Stupid headstrong mule.
I didn't hate TLJ or ROS by any means, but I don't blame your brother for being distrustful of the studio executives in charge of Star Wars properties.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
I've seen the first two eps and so far I like it but I'm really frustrated by the direction, I feel like there's not enough wide shots or letting certain scenes breathe.  Maybe I'm looking at it to be Lone Wolf and Cub or a Western but it just feels like it's shot and cut in an un-cinematic way
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2020, 05:39:35 PM »
I've seen the first two eps and so far I like it but I'm really frustrated by the direction, I feel like there's not enough wide shots or letting certain scenes breathe.  Maybe I'm looking at it to be Lone Wolf and Cub or a Western but it just feels like it's shot and cut in an un-cinematic way

Because it’s television. Big wide shots of shows that are supposed to take place on alien planets are expensive. Keeping it tight keeps the cost down.