Author Topic: The All-Purpose Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 186903 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5319
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The All-Purpose Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1740 on: August 10, 2020, 12:52:25 AM »
Former WWE wrestler James 'Kamala' Harris dies at 70
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/us/wwe-kamala-james-harris-death/index.html

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5319
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1742 on: January 25, 2021, 01:50:27 PM »
WWE Network moves exclusively to Peacock in multi-year agreement

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/01/25/wwe-network-nbc-peacock-subscription/6698249002/

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) will shut down its own network and move the programming to Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service, the two companies announced Monday.

Apparently this is happening in March, I'm not sure if subscribing to WWE content is an add-on or included in the price of Peacock the way this article words it.

Not sure if this is going to be overall good or bad as far as content goes, but it might get me to resubscribe to something to start following WWE again. I fell out of watching regularly in August. Only really watched NXT's Halloween Havoc special since then.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1743 on: February 06, 2021, 06:55:04 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/01/25/wwe-network-nbc-peacock-subscription/6698249002/

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) will shut down its own network and move the programming to Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service, the two companies announced Monday.

Apparently this is happening in March, I'm not sure if subscribing to WWE content is an add-on or included in the price of Peacock the way this article words it.

Not sure if this is going to be overall good or bad as far as content goes, but it might get me to resubscribe to something to start following WWE again. I fell out of watching regularly in August. Only really watched NXT's Halloween Havoc special since then.

I believe it's an add on to the paid version of Peacock.  If you're a current Comcast customer who gets Peacock for free, then it's something like $5.  My wife hasn't been in the office for a while due to surgery, so she doesn't have details.  If she hears anything I'll try to remember to post it here.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1744 on: February 08, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »

I believe it's an add on to the paid version of Peacock.  If you're a current Comcast customer who gets Peacock for free, then it's something like $5.  My wife hasn't been in the office for a while due to surgery, so she doesn't have details.  If she hears anything I'll try to remember to post it here.

I thought that at first, but then I read somewhere that existing subscribers to WWE Network are going to be automatically transitioned to having the 4.99 Peacock subsciption.

If it is an add on for $5, then getting a Peacock subscription plus WWE will still be the price of WWE on its own now, and if not you can upgrade to the current price of WWE and end up with commercial free, so it's still sounding like a good deal.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky