login

Author Topic: List of Crap #114: Top 50 Star Wars Characters countdown  (Read 7489 times)

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 123
  • We are the road crew!
Re: List of Crap #114: Top 50 Star Wars Characters countdown
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »
Bounty hunters in space are always cool. Cowboy Bebop being my fav thing focusing on that there.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3082
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 04:09:45 PM »
Fun fact! Look carefully in the background of Mos Eisley, and you'll see IG-88's first appearance as a different prop!

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 485
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »
And IG-88's rampage in the book "Tales of the Bounty hunters" is if nothing else.. uh... memorable?

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4989
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 06:53:51 AM »
Fun fact! Look carefully in the background of Mos Eisley, and you'll see IG-88's first appearance as a different prop!

"No droid!  Or do you want them to end up like these ones behind the bar?"

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
Now I know where all the other IG droids came from.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 260
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 12:27:26 PM »
#47: Mace Windu

10 points
3 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #22 stethacantus and Charles Castle

From wookiepedia:
Mace Windu, a Force-sensitive human male, was a revered Jedi Master and member of the Jedi High Council during the last years of the Galactic Republic. During his time in the Jedi Order, he once served as elected leader of the Jedi and, during the Clone Wars, as a Jedi General in the Grand Army of the Republic. He was the greatest champion of the Jedi Order and promoted its ancient traditions amidst the growing influence of the dark side of the Force in the corrupt, declining days of the Republic.

When the Separatist Crisis spawned the birth of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and sparked the Clone Wars, Windu and the Jedi rallied to the defense of the Republic and became the leaders of the Grand Army of the Republic. Throughout the war, Windu served the Jedi and the Republic in various capacities—on the battlefield in command of the clone army, on Coruscant as an overseer of the war effort and an advisor to Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, and even as a diplomat to contested worlds, despite his disdain of politics. His exploits on the frontline served as a reminder of his reputation as a renowned Jedi warrior.

As the war drew to a close, Windu became increasingly suspicious of the chancellor's motives, as Palpatine had amassed near-dictatorial control over the Galactic Senate, and sensed the rising power of the dark side in the galaxy. His suspicions were confirmed when Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi Knight and the Chosen One of ancient prophecy, discovered that Palpatine was Darth Sidious, the Dark Lord of the Sith who manipulated the Republic and the Separatist Alliance into war. Windu, along with Jedi Masters Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin, confronted Palpatine with the intention of arresting him. Instead, the Dark Lord attacked them, striking them down one by one until only Windu was left. Windu bested Palpatine in the confrontation and—deciding the chancellor was too dangerous to be left alive due to his influence over the government—prepared to strike him down, but the intervention of Anakin Skywalker, who saved the chancellor's life, led to Windu's death. As a result, Skywalker fell to the temptation of the dark side and was renamed Darth Vader.

My thoughts:
Everyone's favorite no nonsense Jedi Master. Getting Sam Jackson in the role was a casting coup. I wished he could've gotten a bit more character development. However thanks to Jackson's demands he does have an awesome purple lightsaber (so Jackson could easier pick himself out in the action scenes).

"I have had it with these MFing Sith on this MFing planet!!"

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 123
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
A great man.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 03:32:03 PM »
Samuel Jackson actually asked to be in The Phantom Menace (without seeing the script), simply because it was Star Wars.

He regretted it, and he told Lucas that he had to have a really cool death scene in Revenge of the Sith, or he was walking out. 

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 515
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
I like Mace Windu well enough in the films, but my vote is primarily based on the novel Shatterpoint, which is my favorite Clone Wars novel by a pretty large margin, in which he is the feature character.

Check it out, if you are so inclined.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 05:15:40 PM »
The only reason I kind of like Mace Windu is that he wanted to kill Palpatine during their confrontation(which adds a fairly interesting dynamic to his character).

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 05:55:23 PM »
#46: Captain Pellaeon

11 points
1 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #15 Charles Castle

From wookiepedia:
Gilad Pellaeon, nicknamed Gil, was a dedicated Human male naval officer, serving for seven decades in the fleets of the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire, Imperial Remnant, and Galactic Alliance, and rose to the position of supreme commander for the latter two governments. He began his career in the Republic's Judicial Forces, where he ascended the ranks and captained the assault ship Leveler during the Clone Wars. Pellaeon developed a strong attachment to the navy as an institution, and when the Republic became the Empire, he continued serving aboard the Star Destroyer Chimaera.

At the Battle of Endor, the Chimaera fell under Pellaeon's command, and he issued the retreat order. Captain Pellaeon remained one of the fleet's more prominent officers until the return of Grand Admiral Thrawn, who selected the Chimaera as his flagship and made Pellaeon his right-hand man. Pellaeon grew to respect and admire Thrawn throughout the Grand Admiral's campaign against the New Republic, but when Thrawn was assassinated at the Battle of Bilbringi, Pellaeon again was forced to call a retreat. After Thrawn's death and the failed return of Palpatine, the Empire crumbled around Pellaeon. He found himself serving as the second-in-command of the warlord Treuten Teradoc, but when Admiral Natasi Daala shared with him her vision of rebuilding the Empire and ending warlordism, he defected to her and played a key role in forming the Imperial Remnant.

Upon Daala's defeat at Yavin 4, she turned command of the Remnant over to Admiral Pellaeon, making him Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet. He rebuilt the fleet and fought a series of campaigns against the New Republic, but was frequently driven back as the Remnant's resources shriveled. In 19 ABY, He finally accepted that the only way for the Empire to survive was through a peace treaty, and forced the Council of Moffs to accept a truce with the New Republic. When the Imperial capital fell to the extragalactic Yuuzhan Vong invaders years later, Pellaeon played on the Imperial fleet's absolute loyalty to him to overcome the old-line Moffs' resistance and join the newly formed Galactic Alliance, leading a series of victories over the Yuuzhan Vong.

At the war's close, Pellaeon retired, but returned to serve as the supreme commander of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force when his predecessor Sien Sovv was killed. In that capacity, Pellaeon led the Galactic Alliance through the Swarm War and the early stages of the Second Galactic Civil War before once more retiring. He returned to service as the head of state of the Imperial Remnant, but died in 41 ABY at Fondor, assassinated by Tahiri Veila when he refused to support Darth Caedus's faction of the Galactic Alliance.

My thoughts:
I was always more into the movies and video games than I was the novels. But judging by the size of the wookiepedia article this must've been an important character. I remember hearing his name time from time to time starting with the Thrawn trilogy. He was a character in Star Wars: Rebellion and also several pc game mods have also included him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:30:50 PM by linszoid »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 06:23:49 PM »
I'm sorry to have to bring this up but I just can't ignore it... how did he get that many points being #46 on only one person's List?

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 06:31:36 PM »
I'm sorry to have to bring this up but I just can't ignore it... how did he get that many points being #46 on only one person's List?

Midichlorians?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2569
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
Has there ever been a list before with numbers this low at the start? 

It should be interesting to see where the points start to ramp up, top 20, top 10?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »
Possible Spoiler-I'm pretty sure my number one probably did not end up as #1 on everybody else's list...