Author Topic: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix.  (Read 577 times)

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 366
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix.
« on: December 29, 2018, 07:02:32 AM »
Has anybody else watched this?  It's an interactive movie, much like a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book.  Choices come along at certain points.  You have 10 seconds to decide before it flips over to a default choice.  The choices you make influence the story as well as the future available choices.  It's a lot of fun.  I spent about 3 hours yesterday navigating through various branches and still didn't finish.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
Thanks. Didn't know about this, but am a fan of Black Mirror. Just started it.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
Took me about an hour and a half with several loop backs to get to a typical depressing Black Mirror ending.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 01:10:01 PM »
Oh, and for future reference (if I go back and watch it again) some spoilers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 07:25:18 PM »
LOL...just watched this with the wife with her making the decisions...hit one loop and only took 40 minutes from start to the conclusion. Guess in some ways she's better at making decisions, but we missed a lot of interesting rabbit holes.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 07:05:09 AM »
Oh, and for future reference (if I go back and watch it again) some spoilers:

I chose "Netflix" the first time round and found it rather silly too.  I also dialed the therapist number correctly the first time.  They give you the first 4 digits right there, but I took a lucky guess at the last one.  If you dial correctly....

I think the most bizarre ending, which I have stumbled on twice but can never remember how to get back to

I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
Just watched this last night. Or tried to rather. I got to the point where the girl in the future was trying to recreate Bandersnatch, broke the computer and it looped back.

Definitely one of the most bizarre Black Mirror episodes. And that's really saying something.

So Colin created Metalhead? That's an episode I really felt needed more backstory.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »
So Colin created Metalhead? That's an episode I really felt needed more backstory.

They were just borrowing the name.  Black Mirror writers love to throw references to other episodes in.  He just created a video game coincidentally called Metalhead.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 09:43:14 AM »
Article about the never released Bandersnatch game that was the inspiration for some of the things in Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (does not contain spoilers):
https://tiredoldhack.com/2019/01/02/bandersnatch-the-game-that-killed-a-company-and-inspired-a-black-mirror-episode/

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 08:19:34 PM »
Article about the never released Bandersnatch game that was the inspiration for some of the things in Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (does not contain spoilers):
https://tiredoldhack.com/2019/01/02/bandersnatch-the-game-that-killed-a-company-and-inspired-a-black-mirror-episode/

Well that is just awesome, and messed up. Well done Black Mirror. I think I reached the truly final end. I say this because I got to the end credits, with Stefan in prison. Is this the "best" ending?

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
I think I reached the truly final end. I say this because I got to the end credits, with Stefan in prison. Is this the "best" ending?
Was that the ending with the woman from the future/present? I think I've gotten to 3 endings, and that ending was the only one where I noticed the credits rolling at the end because some things continued to happen as the credits rolled (other ending may have had credits and I just didn't notice them).