Author Topic: Amazon using same footage?  (Read 499 times)

Offline moviesign

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
Amazon using same footage?
« on: December 25, 2018, 03:20:04 PM »
Looking for a quiet background Yule log this morning and saw there are two Yule Log videos on Amazon Prime that are using the identical fireplace footage as the Rifftrax Yule Log: Christmas Fireplace with Classic Holiday Films and Christmas Cartoon Fireplace. Did Rifftrax give Amazon their footage in exchange for a few free Prime accounts or something?
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Johnny Unusual

Re: Amazon using same footage?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »
Wait, identical fireplace or identical Yule Log footage?  Because I assumed the part where a somewhat heavyset man constantly adding fuel to the fire was Kevin.  Are you implying that part was ADR (yes, all the other stuff now, but in those scenes, the sound quality is clearly different, with Kevin adding fuel to the fire sounding much more diagetic)?

Offline Numanoid

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »
That is pretty obviously Kevin. You can even see him in the reflection of the TV when there is no riff happening. I'm pretty sure he also said, maybe on a DripTrax, that it was his actual fireplace (you can even hear him breathing when nothing is on the TV).  So yeah, the fact there there are two different new Yule videos on Amazon showing HIS fireplace is very interesting (with his appearances edited out). I'm guessing that they did license it out, as you suggested. We need facts!

Edit: Just noticed that both of the other videos are from Legend Films, so I guess they just took Kevin's footage and made a couple extra themes from it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:30:07 PM by Numanoid »

Offline moviesign

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 06:31:15 AM »
Repackaged and resold, eh? Can’t blame them. I was hoping for a Watergate-level scandal, but Legend Films making some side cash is good too.
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.