Author Topic: Submit Entries for LOC 114: Star Wars Characters  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 893
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Re: Submit Entries for LOC 114: Star Wars Characters
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »
This is a pretty broad topic near and dear to many hearts so I'd expect no less than 10 lists, maybe 15 if we're really lucky.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3749
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 07:59:11 PM »
This is forcing me to size things up that I've never put any thought into before. Do I like Rey as much as Luke as a character? I'd never really thought about it before, but maybe?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2962
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 09:30:53 PM »
This is forcing me to size things up that I've never put any thought into before. Do I like Rey as much as Luke as a character? I'd never really thought about it before, but maybe?

Exactly, that was the surprising thing that happened while I was sorting.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
So... Jango Fette, Boba Fette and all the Storm Troopers from the first six films count as the same character as they are all clones?

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 4975
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »
Jango and Boba probably don’t count as one person and by the time of the original they aren’t solely using clones for the troopers.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 165
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »
So... Jango Fette, Boba Fette and all the Storm Troopers from the first six films count as the same character as they are all clones?

I'm a big fan of clones, and I know you're probably just joking, but I'll defend clones here. They're all individuals, I mean take Judge Dredd and Solid Snake for example. Those guys, who both have evil brothers coincidentally, go to show, being a clone is cool, and you're special, and you probably have an evil clone brother you'll fight at some point.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 03:38:35 PM »
I'm a big fan of clones, and I know you're probably just joking, but I'll defend clones here. They're all individuals, I mean take Judge Dredd and Solid Snake for example. Those guys, who both have evil brothers coincidentally, go to show, being a clone is cool, and you're special, and you probably have an evil clone brother you'll fight at some point.
Or at the very least, an evil clone brother from another reality or a doppleganger from the "Overdrawn at the memory bank" universe.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 404
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 05:18:12 AM »
I'll see if I can think up a list, although I am reluctant to put any of the real popular ones in high positions.  I always like to put more obscure stuff up top.  I like Star Wars okay, but I was never a huge fan of it.

This dovetails pretty nicely with the previous list, which had been on the other major sci-fi franchise.

By the way, you can change the display size of an image on this board without resizing the original image.  I noticed that the image on your main post is cut off.  To change the display size do this:

[img width=SIZE]http://IMAGE URL[/img]

For the size you only need to specify width and the forum software will change the height too in order to maintain the aspect ratio.  I usually use 600 for the width.  E.g:

[*img width=600]https://image.ibb.co/g69M9f/50.jpg[/img]

But remove the asterisk at the front obviously.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 165
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »
Just sent my list, looking forward to the countdown! The first half or 2/3rds should be particularly interesting, seeing all the not so main characters who made the top 50.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1443
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »
Might try and do this, I think we did this list already but Luke's much higher in my list after TLJ than he was before
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »
Wow Scott, haven't seen you around these here parts for a while.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 568
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2018, 07:05:14 PM »
6 lists so far plus I'm still cooking up my own. Hope to see some more!!

Offline CJones

• Liked: 940
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
I always wait until the last possible moment to submit my lists, but rest assured, you will get one from me.

Bad habit I picked up in college. I was a CS major, and I regularly started working on projects the night before they were due. My severe insomnia was put to good use, for once. The lifelong addiction to benzodiazipines I could have done without though.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 568
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2018, 07:26:49 PM »

For the rules of this list, the clones all count separately.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »
Only 7 lists so far? What a bummer, I was expecting more Star Wars geeks to come out of the woodwork on this one.  :'(