Author Topic: AV Club's Worst Films of 2018  (Read 424 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
AV Club's Worst Films of 2018
« on: December 11, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »
As always, I am posting the worst of list, with the best of list to follow

https://film.avclub.com/the-worst-films-of-2018-1830996584

Once again, I've seen none of these (For maybe the fourth year running? Basically since I had a kid and no longer had the time to burn on terrible movies that aren't riffed)

I've only seen 11 movies released this year so far, and my worst movie of the year (and I'm confident this would have made my list even if I'd seen a lot more movies) was Isle of Dogs. A massive disappointment for me. Racist, ugly and boring. I'm normally very on board with Wes Anderson, but this film was like a bad parody of him.

What were your worsts?
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: AV Club's Worst Films of 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 03:42:34 PM »
(Shocked Cloverfield Paradox didn't make the list, but we quite liked it, so that's ok with me)
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »
I've seen a metric ton of movies in theaters this year. Probably more than I've seen in any one year in my life. There was a lot to keep comic book/sci-fi fans busy. As someone who likes these two genres, I'm used to seeing something I've watched represented on this list. So I'm shocked that none of the movies I've seen were on the list! I think that means it was an abnormally good year for movies. At least if Sci-Fi and superheroes are your bag. If there's a problem it's that the cup runneth over. It was HARD to see that many movies, and there were a few I skipped that I still want to see.

And I haven't even seen Enter the Spider-Verse yet. Or Aquaman or Bumblebee. So maybe "Worst of the year" is still a little early to call..

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
For sure - I don't think a best of list is very accurate until some time is past - it's just a conversation starter that reflects this moment.
FINE

Offline Letisha58

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 11:35:31 PM »
There was a lot to keep comic book/sci-fi fans busy. As someone who likes these two genres, I'm used to seeing something I've watched represented on this list. So I'm shocked that none of the movies I've seen were on the list! I think that means it was an abnormally good year for movies. At least if Sci-Fi and superheroes are your bag. kissanime
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:42:11 AM by RVR II »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 01:43:52 AM »
There was a lot to keep comic book/sci-fi fans busy. As someone who likes these two genres, I'm used to seeing something I've watched represented on this list. So I'm shocked that none of the movies I've seen were on the list! I think that means it was an abnormally good year for movies. At least if Sci-Fi and superheroes are your bag. kissanime
And banning goofs is my bag :spammer: