Author Topic: 1201 - TBE - Spoiler Thread  (Read 682 times)

Offline Waverider

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 8
Re: 1201 - TBE - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 11:31:43 PM »
I have never watched Mac & Me and I have to say that the McDonalds dance party scene is one of the greatest thing in cinematic history.

Also that ending. I thought to myself "No! The writers really thought this would be a great ending for the film?".

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 557
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 08:21:02 AM »
The ending makes me wonder, did the US grant them citizenship despite their ability to blow stuff up and survive immolation, or because of their ability to blow stuff up and survive immolation?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5397
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 08:36:20 AM »
The ending makes me wonder, did the US grant them citizenship despite their ability to blow stuff up and survive immolation, or because of their ability to blow stuff up and survive immolation?
No, it's because of their ability to bring back the dead. The sequel would have turned out a lot like Overlord.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 256
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 06:38:01 AM »
So watched Mac and Me and enjoyed a lot. What an improvement over season 11. Very similar to the leap in quality between Season 1 and 2.

I liked pretty much everything about the Gauntlet format. For me it's always been about the rffing and the movies and the host segs in every ep in ever season are hit and miss. 5 skits is a lot for a show and it was definitely needed when the show stretched to two hours but I think one of the smartest things they did was knocking it back to just two.

The opening pacing was bit off, especially the interaction between the Mads. Patton Oswalt seems almost on equal footing with Kinga. Not sure about their relationship. Will be interesting to see how it plays out in the other eps. The first host seg was not too funny. The second was vintage "throw away" silliness and I liked it.

The riffing was a little off at the beginning of the film, but once they get to the McDondald's party it's really solid and I was laughing a lot.

Some people have complained about the lack of interaction between J and the bots in theater and I would agree. Crow is a serviceable imitation of Trace's Crow but I really liked Servo this time around. Some really nice voices from him, especially for the aliens.

So where did the "Prettttyy nice" line come from? Was it in the movie and I missed it? Or is it a reference to something else?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:40:28 AM by losingmydignity »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5397
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2018, 06:57:11 AM »

So where did the "Prettttyy nice" line come from? Was it in the movie and I missed it? Or is it a reference to something else?
When the mother and kids are driving in their new neighborhood, before they get to the house. I think it's the Mom that says it.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2798
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »

When the mother and kids are driving in their new neighborhood, before they get to the house. I think it's the Mom that says it.

Yeah, the kid looks out at the window and says, "Wow! Look at all the cars!" To which the mom responds, "Pretty nice!" It may be the most baffling exchange between two humans this side of The Room.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 256
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »
Wow, how did I miss that? I remember the line "Look at all the cars" but not the mother's follow up.

Needless to say, "Pretty nice" was funny even when you didn't know where it was coming from.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4540
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2018, 04:52:33 AM »
It makes sense when you realize they were actually Amish prior to the events of the movie.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »
Finally saw this one. I was left thinking, 'If only Mac had been voiced by Eric Roberts in his living room, then he would have been likable."

And this makes me hate E.T.... a lot.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:47:02 PM by dbsommer »