login

Author Topic: List of Crap #113: Top 50 Star Trek Episodes Countdown  (Read 11919 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: List of Crap #113: Top 50 Star Trek Episodes Countdown
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2018, 02:12:31 AM »
Stethacantus I really think you should try watching DS9 sometime. I think you'll find that a lot of your pre-conceived notions about it are totally unfounded. I know because I kind of felt the way you did at one time, then when I started watching I realized what a great show I was missing.

I had a friend who watched DS9.  He told me how good a series it was and tried to convince me to watch it. But by then it was already into it's third season. And this was back before the DVR, so if a show conflicted with another you had to watch one or the other. And something I watched was on at the same time as DS9. ( Yes, there was the VCR. But cable boxes back then were locked on channel 3 preventing you from taping a different channel than you were watching. Also not back then, On Demand which allowed you to play back episodes you missed. Or Hulu or any other streaming service. ) It is a series I plan to some day watch, but currently have no time to schedule it in. There is just too much great programs on television currently. I haven't even watched any episode of TOS in over a decade.  Maybe when I get around to buying Star Trek series on Blu-Ray ( or whatever other format exists in the future ), but not until they drop the price to reasonable on that franchise.
DS9 probably won't be on bluray for quite some time if ever but I have found the complete series on ebay for around  $50 which is a fair price in good used condition. .
To me it's money well spent and if you don't like it just relist it on ebay and get your money back.

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 244
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2018, 02:56:47 AM »
Well I watched "Our Man Bashire" at Netflix and really enjoyed it. Avery Brooks cracked me up with that performance... was he doing Donald Pleasence's Blofeld mixed with some Shatner? And hey, Andrew Robinson, cool! (as an old time fan of Dirty Harry, I liked seeing him)

So I'll keep plugging away on DS9 (but wont bore you with the details here. As y'all have already seen them). That'll be a nice side-effect of the LoC.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2018, 05:37:03 AM »
An episode that didn't make my list, but almost did, was "The Magnificent Ferengi". Basically if any team action movie had a bunch of money grubbing big eared weirdos. I also really love "Take Me Out to the Holosuite," because we get to see how insanely competitive Sisko gets when the stakes are only bragging rights.

Trials and Tribbleations is INCREDIBLE, and if you enjoy Trouble with Tribbles, then you'd probably get a kick out of it. The fact that Jadzia thinks Spock is hot cracks me up, as Terry Farrell married Adam Nimoy this past year.

I forget the episode, but the one where Jake convinces Bashir to go into a warzone is a really heavy storyline that doesn't really require more set up than that.

that's all I've got on my head right now, if I think of more, I'll post them.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2018, 12:56:24 PM »
I forget the episode, but the one where Jake convinces Bashir to go into a warzone is a really heavy storyline that doesn't really require more set up than that.
that's all I've got on my head right now, if I think of more, I'll post them.
I think that one was called "Nor the Battle to the strong".

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2018, 02:22:25 PM »
Many thanks to Paster of Muppets. I didn't realize just how many episodes I had forgotten. I tried to include at least one episode from every series, but it's been ages since I saw the animated series, so I had to leave that off.

Here's my list:

1 The City on the Edge of Forever - TOS s1e28 #29
2 In the Pale Moonlight - DS9 s6e19 #141
3 Twilight - ENT s3e08 #59
4 The Inner Light - TNG s5e25 #124
5 Q Who - TNG s2e15 #41
6 Tapestry - TNG s6e15 #140
7 Year of Hell 1&2 - VOY s4e08,09 #75,76
8 Best of Both Worlds 1&2 - TNG s3e26,s4e01
9 The Cage - TOS "Origonal Pilot" #1
10 Trials and Tribble-ations - DS9 s5e06 #101
11 Darmok - TNG s5e02 #101

12 The Changeling (The one with Nomad)- TOS s2e08 #??
13 The Ensigns of Command - TNG s3e02 #48 <-- I'm sad this didn't make it. This is the one with the Shelliac
14 Strategem - ENT s3e14 #65
15 The Doomsday Machine - TOS s2e06 #36
16 Little Green Men - DS9 s4e08 #78 <-- surprised this didn't make it
17 All Good Things - TNG s7e25/26 #176
18 Symbiosis - TNG s1e21 #22
19 The Devil in the Dark - TOS s1e26 #27
20 The Pegasus - TNG s7e12 #163
21 Friendship One - VOY s7e21 #163
22 Space Seed (the one with Khan) - TOS s1e24 #25
23 End Game - VOY s7e25 #168
24 Context is for Kings - DSC s1e3 #3
25 The Trouble with Tribbles - TOS s2e13 #43    

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »
13 The Ensigns of Command - TNG s3e02 #48 <-- I'm sad this didn't make it. This is the one with the Shelliac

I'm also bummed this didn't make the list, it's a fun episode, it was near the bottom on my list.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2018, 06:23:36 PM »
13 The Ensigns of Command - TNG s3e02 #48 <-- I'm sad this didn't make it. This is the one with the Sheliak

I'm also bummed this didn't make the list, it's a fun episode, it was near the bottom on my list.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ILbLGNDqUxA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ILbLGNDqUxA</a>

But it wasn't just that scene.

Data: "I can reduce this pumping station to a pile of debris, but I trust my point is clear. I'm but one android, with a single weapon. There are hundreds of Sheliak coming, and their weapons are far more powerful. They may not even offer you a target. They can obliterate you from orbit. You will die, never having seen the faces of your killers."

"This is just a thing, and things can be replaced. Lives cannot."

This was where Data really came into his own, representing more than just Star Fleet doctrine.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2018, 06:59:49 PM »
Yeah the Ensigns of Command was a damn good episode. Didn't make my list though.