Author Topic: The Good Place SPOILERS BE HERE!  (Read 753 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
The Good Place SPOILERS BE HERE!
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
Hello

Everything is hunky dory...

If you haven't watched the show don't read this thread, there will be spoilers, not in this post but eventually.  Also, if you haven't watched the show, WATCH IT!  You have to start from the beginning, there is a massive twist at the end of season 1.

Now, the reason for starting this thread:  I have to mention just how awesome the bar fight sequence was in the last episode (season 3, episode 9).

While watching it I was thinking this is something out of a Bourne movie, on a half hour sitcom no less.  The stuff Janet does with the pool rack was so Jason Bourne-ish.

Then listening to the podcast today I find out the guy they brought in to do the fight scene was same the guy that did the Bourne movies.   Took them about 3 days to shoot the fight. 

It's a great podcast in general, if you like the show it's certainly worth listening to it.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2385
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: The Good Place SPOILERS BE HERE!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:08:23 PM »
Now that he m actually caught up on other podcasts, I know I need to start listening to that one. Any thing by to get more Marc Evan Jackson in my life.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:49:10 AM »
Now that was something amazing!

D'arcy Carden deserves every acting award on the planet, just give them all to her.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 06:54:36 AM »
reminiscent of orphan black. always fun to see an actor get to play around.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:48:23 AM »
I've seen some of Orphan Black, isn't she always playing different characters, they just all look the same?

Here D'arcy is playing 4 characters we have been watching for 3 and a half seasons, and her own character, and a new version of Janet we haven't seen before, seriously, just give her all the acting awards on Earth and all other planes of existence right now.

Just listened to the podcast, sounds like it was quite an experience to shoot, a few seconds at a time, talking to poles with tape on them, in a crazy white room that you had to be careful not to walk into the walls because you can't really see where they are.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2385
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 05:51:27 PM »
So last week, standing by the tume clock at work waiting a couple minutes before we could leave, I mentioned to a couple co-workers that they should try watching the show. One of them pulled out his phone and just watched the first scene. Got a few big laughs before we all clocked out and left.

Yesterday I sat down in the break room and heard this same co-worker suddenly yell out "what the hell!?!" and start laughing. I gave him a confused look and he took out his headphones to say "she just stood up and told them! Holy shit!"  He was already to Elenor turning herself in in front of the neighborhood.

Proud moment. Can't wait until he hits episode 13.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 01:34:56 PM »
I just found out about this show a few weeks ago.  Caught it on Netflix and binged the first two seasons.  Then grabbed the third season on Xfinity On Demand.  I hate when they leave things on cliffhangers.  I can't wait for the next episode where we finally get to see The Good Place for real.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 01:56:46 PM »
The last 3 episodes of the season will start sometime in January.

They were going to do the last 4 in early 2019, but Janet(s) was so good they didn't want it forgotten when award season came around 2 years from now, so they found a way to get it into the schedule this year. 

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 02:51:00 PM »
I was wondering what happened on the show, I worried that it was going on hiatus or something.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 03:24:16 PM »
I was wondering what happened on the show, I worried that it was going on hiatus or something.

It's been picked up for season 4.

https://tvline.com/2018/12/04/the-good-place-renewed-season-4-nbc/

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »
What The Fork!    NOOOOooooooooooooo, they rebooted Chidi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I get it, this show is here to torture US, the audience.

I was crying like a forking baby during the "goodbye" video.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »
Yeah that got me pretty misty-eyed too. Makes me wonder what's going to happen in season 4...

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »
The book hitting Chidi was so perfect, making you laugh after seeing Eleanor send Chidi off to bond with Simone.

Been thinking that if the new lab rats are supposed to be the same level of bad as the first bunch, how do they line up?

Chidi is obviously Chidi.

I'm thinking the guy who thinks he should be in "the best place" is probably about the same as first season Tahani.  Completely self absorbed and and thinks he deserves to be in the best place.

We need to see more of the blogger guy but I'd say he's probably about as bad as Jason.  Not too bright, says what ever he thinks of.

Simone is a tough one, guess she is about the same level as Chidi.

Boring old lady turned out to be a demon, obviously the same as Eleanor on Earth before she died.  ;D

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 09:45:13 AM »
hold that thought, i'm gonna head to the gym.
dF = 0
d*F = J