Author Topic: MST3K Turkey Day Marathon 2018-Sunday, November 18th @ Noon EST  (Read 869 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
Re: MST3K Turkey Day Marathon 2018-Sunday, November 18th @ Noon EST
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 09:09:10 PM »
Hmmm...no announcement of anything related to another season and instead of a repeat of the marathon we're back to the regular marathon of
 MST3K episodes on the Shout Factory TV channel. OK with no repeat, but was hoping for an announcement.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2975
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 08:56:14 AM »
I'd actually planned on smoking a turkey today as a dry run before Thanksgiving, so I've been preparing a turkey all day, which, combined with this marathon gives me the illusion that it's already Thanksgiving.
How was the practice turkey?

Mostly awesome. Somehow one of the Turkey Legs and surrounding dark meat had started to spoil independent of the rest of the bird and had a funny taste that wasn't the smoker's fault, but the rest of the turkey came out juicy and fantastic. I brined it all night, then went with a Cajun flavor injection and seasoning to separate it from the traditional bird we'll be cooking on Thanksgiving proper.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1408
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »
I had a union meeting so I missed most of the marathon. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. But I’m not traveling home this year for thanksgiving, and I’m now separated from my wife, sooooo I’ll be bingeing the entire new season! 

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
Here's something kind of cool that I've been watching today:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_GBFWpBThw0xdAcawi3ccHo1ZUtCIRLZ

It's a re-creation of the 30 hour Turkey Day Marathon from 1991. Dude reinserted the Turkey Day segments around the episodes and added old commercials. He tried to cut the Godzilla episode down to just a best of to avoid a take down but no matter how much he cut out it was still a no go with Toho, so episode 10 is missing.   

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 11:31:11 AM »
I had a union meeting so I missed most of the marathon. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. But I’m not traveling home this year for thanksgiving, and I’m now separated from my wife, sooooo I’ll be bingeing the entire new season! 
I guess you don't have to sing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsWKTcZ6fWA