login

Author Topic: What did we learn?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 15
Re: What did we learn?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
I learned that that the makers of this movie don't know what owning a British car is like. I have owned a Spitfire MKIV and you just can't hop in and take off. Heck they even show you the choke right on screen. This should have been used as advertising for British Leyland for the way it showed my beloved Spitfire as a reliable sports car! Okay it was outrunning a giant Chrysler but still. You can at least get into one of those and more than likely have it start and go. This was just fanciful Mary Poppins level stuff.
So was I fixated on that small part of it? Well no. I learned that once again being a Driptrax person showed me that they cut out content that we should have seen in here. Sure it was a seen that was kind of pointless but the jokes were good.
I learned that middle age truckers have spent time at the Judo range
I learned that all truckers aren't assigned primates or kid brothers as sidekicks and I was disappointed by this
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline JDogindy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how that still image of a pizza was inserted into the film reel.

I learned that Doodles Weaver makes for a strange union leader.
I learned that plaid jackets drown out a scene.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:19:10 PM by JDogindy »

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 733
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how that still image of a pizza was inserted into the film reel.

So I didn't hallucinate that. Good to know.