Author Topic: What did we learn!?!  (Read 1110 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3990
Re: What did we learn!?!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2018, 08:28:15 PM »
I learned that in the future, stacking mobile homes in impracticle mobile home racks is apparently more cost effective than replacing mobile home parks with tenement housing.
Probably inspired by this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 526
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 08:51:00 PM »
I learned that in the future, stacking mobile homes in impracticle mobile home racks is apparently more cost effective than replacing mobile home parks with tenement housing.
Probably inspired by this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

Ha, I was just thinking of that. Kowloon Walled City was the most densely populated place on the planet at the time. And it was effectively lawless, being entirely surrounded by British Hong Kong, which was in turn an enclave of China. Neither government was interested in sending police there.

What's sad is that modern day living conditions in Hong Kong are even worse, with many people living in "apartments" the size of American parking spaces. It's not even a problem of lack of land, as many believe. The government leases land to the highest bidder, and few of those bidders are interested in building residential housing.

Online Pastor of Muppets

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 202
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »
I learned that how to find common well known Easter eggs in old Atari 2600 games will either be wiped from the internet in the future or else people in the future just can't practice and perfect finding those Easter eggs in old Atari 2600 games offline before trying to find them online in life or death situations.

I don't think that information was lost.  It just didn't occur to the Sixers to look for it.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.