Author Topic: Freejack is returning to home video, and it must be riffed, preferably live  (Read 475 times)

Offline Bickle

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
Sony is about to issue it on Blu-Ray after its distributor left WB a few years back. Sadly Shout isn’t doing it.

I bet there’s a decent chance you could get Emilio or Jonathan Banks to guest riff

A live would truly be the best

It’s hammy, stupid in all the best ways, and features Mick Jagger in a Spacebals size helmet  failing to act in the most spectacular and unique ways. Also stars a pre Lambs Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo and more!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlaE_8zcMU

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
I remember when this came out...think I might have even seen it in the theater...but can't remember a thing about it outside of what's in the preview (so maybe I only saw the preview in the theater). 
Watching that preview now makes it look great/awful. Definitely going to watch it soon.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
OK. Watched this tonight and it was indeed great/bad with a lot to make fun of. And I'm now pretty sure despite initially thinking that I had seen it, I had in in fact never seen it before.
Mick Jagger’s stereotype villain acting wasn’t that bad- it wasn’t good, but he wasn’t as bad as a lot of the others in the movie or as bad as some other movie villain stereotypes (opinion might be in due in part because I was expecting him to be embarrassingly bad, but I’d really fault the script more than his acting). David Johansen/Buster Poindexter (despite playing the character he always played when he still got work) was far worse.

What I found as entertaining as the dumb plot was the take on what 2009 would look like:
-New York pretty much looks the same, but buildings have even more digital billboards on the side.
-Cars are a mix of vehicles from 60s or before and impractical bubble looking things.
-Everyone has guns, but the cops and government agents have laser guns.

Truthfully, with the money spent and a couple of rewrites, it might have been a mediocre movie instead of great/bad.
And I figured out the main “twist” as soon as the twist character was introduced (way, way too obvious).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:03:53 PM by wihogfan »

Offline Bickle

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I hope many more people will too, post being made even more funny :)