Author Topic: Krull-Live  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 970
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Krull-Live
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »

That footage seems to be lost forever. The encore cut out too. The theater staff even warned us it was going to cut out before the show started.

From what I heard, the theater records the live show performance on their end for the rebroadcast. So the parts that got choppy would have been recorded that way. Second hand knowledge, but I've heard it repeated from several sources

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 08:05:36 PM »

Yeah, what was the deal with that bit in the movie? Were they just a herd of rocks rolling around the countryside? I didn't get any indication they were falling from the mountain for any reason.

In the Blu Ray's deleted scenes the Old Wise Man tells Cowhide not to yodel when going up the mountain. Then he does and the rocks come falling down right afterward. Since they cut those two lead ins to the rocks falling it's very disjointed.

(Yes, I'm lying.) ;)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2669
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 09:54:43 AM »
You know, I thought Krull overall had a very video game-like structure, complete with a big boss at the end that functions a little bit differently than every other fight. If the movie hadn't come out in '83, I'd swear it was intentional. Maybe video games all took a page from Krull?

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 59
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
You know, I thought Krull overall had a very video game-like structure, complete with a big boss at the end that functions a little bit differently than every other fight. If the movie hadn't come out in '83, I'd swear it was intentional. Maybe video games all took a page from Krull?

Good point. Just as I think Harry Potter would be better books than the movies were as movies (IMHO), Krull would seem better as a video game than as a movie. Maybe the silver screen isn't the right format for Krull…

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »
Krull was not very good as a video game either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoNP05A8eI

Double-joystick game based on the expensive fantasy adventure film of the same name.  Use one stick to move your character (Prince Colwyn) and the other to fire your Glaives at the enemy.  The game is split up into 5 levels: the first involves running up a mountainside, avoiding boulders and collecting pieces of your Glaive.  The second involves collecting your party members while shooting the Slayers.  The third involves collecting your party members (again?!) and depositing them in a floating hexagon.  The fourth involves breaking open the hexagon by firing Glaives into the walls while they are black (didn't we just put the guys IN there?  Now we're getting them back out?!  WTF!).  Then lastly you face off against the Beast holding the princess captive.  Get past the beast (you can't kill him; lame!) and touch the princess to end the level.  Your surviving party members come out and chase the beast off.  Weird, hyperactive music and sound effects make this difficult for me to play through (and having to navigate through the stupid rocks or whatever they are on the 3rd level is lame).  And perhaps worst of all.. I didn't think the movie the game is based on was all that great.  Some good moments to be sure (I liked the spiderweb lair) but really, the film's budget greatly overshadowed its gross.  Not terrible but not really worth repeated views IMHO.  But I'd rather watch the movie than play the game again.