Author Topic: Krull-Live  (Read 4678 times)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: Krull-Live
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 10:45:04 AM »
That was such a goofy, boring movie with pointless and bizarre plot devices. The riff was pretty good, though.

solid score from James Horner

You mean a ripoff of his other movie scores? I was expecting Khan or Ripley to show up a few times. That guy wrote one score and just re-used it over and over, with only slight alterations. What a gig.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »

solid score from James Horner

You mean a ripoff of his other movie scores? I was expecting Khan or Ripley to show up a few times. That guy wrote one score and just re-used it over and over, with only slight alterations. What a gig.
I notice it seemed like the score was going all bombastic even when nothing is really going on (which was most of the time). Like the director was trying to make up for the dullness of the movie.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
Not sure how to embed Vimeo files, but Nash did a really good review of Krull. He summed up pretty well why so many of the elements don't add up and why it's so slow.

https://vimeo.com/260024225

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 01:22:43 PM »

What did Kevin say when Cromwyn was climbing up the mountain? It was "he discovered stroth claw!" or something like that. It got a big laugh in my theater but I missed it.
I think the line was "He discovered the Mystical Cooter!" Because the crack in the rock looked like a vagina.
"...sacred cooter," if we're going verbaitm.

Our feed cut out too when the comic relief (aka Charlie Bucket's teacher) turned into a tiger. I assumed the kid stole the slayers' tiger. Then it turned back into the guy, and I was like, "Yeah, that makes sense too."

I just remembered "Have a SEAT!" I appreciated the callback too. [Guy swings a sword] Bill: "Have a SEAT... no, wait... that doesn't work here."

Offline Prince of Space

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 3
  • Your weapons have no effect on me!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »
I was able to get to Nashville again to see it in person just like Space Mutiny. I liked this one much better as it was the first time they have taken on Krull while with Space Mutiny I kept hearing the (often better) MST3K lines while watching it. They handed out glaive pins to the audience and the spider web set was cool.

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
did your theaters ever lose feed for at least few seconds like mine? I complained and a got pass from AMC

Yep, ours did too several times, only once for a long period, where the "comic relief" turned into a tiger and...did something? 

my theater lost the feed then also

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2018, 09:04:10 AM »
Didn't catch it the first time, but I'll be enjoying the encore in a few short hours. Can't wait!

Offline blspro

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »
Didn't catch it the first time, but I'll be enjoying the encore in a few short hours. Can't wait!

Speaking of seeing the encore, I just got an email promoting it.  And it states "We won't be able to sell this live show later on RiffTrax.com — so while the story of Krull is timeless, our latest hilarious live show's availability isn't! So if you want to enjoy this show, today's your absolute last chance."

Does this mean they won't be offering it at all, in ANY form?  Or that they will offer an audio only form (ala Starship Troopers), but can't offer the whole thing, since they can't offer the movie for copyright reasons?

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2018, 03:05:09 PM »
They’re doing an MP3 riff, it’s one of the Kickstarter rewards.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »
while with Space Mutiny I kept hearing the (often better) MST3K lines while watching it.

I did the same thing with Space Mutiny and Time Chasers.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2018, 05:14:28 PM »

What did Kevin say when Cromwyn was climbing up the mountain? It was "he discovered stroth claw!" or something like that. It got a big laugh in my theater but I missed it.
I think the line was "He discovered the Mystical Cooter!" Because the crack in the rock looked like a vagina.
"...sacred cooter," if we're going verbaitm.

Our feed cut out too when the comic relief (aka Charlie Bucket's teacher) turned into a tiger. I assumed the kid stole the slayers' tiger. Then it turned back into the guy, and I was like, "Yeah, that makes sense too."

I just remembered "Have a SEAT!" I appreciated the callback too. [Guy swings a sword] Bill: "Have a SEAT... no, wait... that doesn't work here."

That footage seems to be lost forever. The encore cut out too. The theater staff even warned us it was going to cut out before the show started.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »
Upon further reflection, I think I am going to enjoy this one more the second time through. Partially because I was watching the movie again for the first time in forever, and it was not jibing with my more pleasant memories, so my attention was sort of split.

And since Time Chasers was brought up, I think I like them both equally. I wasn't quite as big a fan of the first one as so many. Not that I thought it was bad, just that I didn't rate it a 'classic', so the bar for the Live version wasn't set as high.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 06:56:26 PM »
did your theaters ever lose feed for at least few seconds like mine? I complained and a got pass from AMC

Yep, ours did too several times, only once for a long period, where the "comic relief" turned into a tiger and...did something? 

Polish sausage...Ditka...da Bears!  I loved it.  And no, there wasn't any short.  I forgot how long the movie was.

We glitched during that part too. Forgot about that Bears joke-haha.
So did we in King of Prussia, PA. I heard the "da Bears" riff right when it came back, but wasn't sure what in the movie it was referencing, or if there was more to it.

So...they made a few jokes about how Robbie Coltrane looked like just some every-day normal fat guy with perfectly-trimmed moustache compared to the rest of the dirty bandits.  At one point someone was speaking and he was in the background staring into space smacking his lips and someone said (in a perfect Chris Farley as Chicago fan voice) "Polish Sausage, Ditka, da Bears."

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 166
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2018, 07:06:09 PM »
My theater also lost the feed.

I'm also disappointed that when the boulders were rolling down the mountain, there was no Legend of Zelda Death Mountain riff despite the opportunity pounding at the door to do so.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »

I'm also disappointed that when the boulders were rolling down the mountain, there was no Legend of Zelda Death Mountain riff despite the opportunity pounding at the door to do so.
Yeah, what was the deal with that bit in the movie? Were they just a herd of rocks rolling around the countryside? I didn't get any indication they were falling from the mountain for any reason.