login

Author Topic: Submissions for List of Crap #111  (Read 472 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4368
  • Mr. Robot
Submissions for List of Crap #111
« on: July 06, 2018, 05:30:14 AM »
Check it out y'all!  Open submissions for the next list of crap.  If you are new to this, the List of Crap is where we choose a topic, then each member writes a list of their favorite things related to that topic (favourite TV shows, robots, cartoons, etc.) and we add it all up to see who comes out on top.  If you want to host a list, PM me your submission (or submissions, you can submit more than one) for a list by Monday.  The poll will go up Tuesday.  Please only submit a list if you intend on hosting (and if you are new, I'll be glad to give you a hand. 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3246
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Submissions for List of Crap #111
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »
I'd like to see Top 50 Star Trek episodes but I can't host it :-[

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 186
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »
I'll also just throw some ideas out there just in case somebody else is interested in hosting:
Top 50 Queen songs
Top 50 songs of the 80's

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3246
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »
Top 50 songs of the 80's
This would be a cool alternative to Top 50 ST episodes 8)

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 444
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »
I was just thinking I'd like to see top 50 Directors. But one list a year is my limit.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 132
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »
I really don't mind hosting a list if it's popular enough and the submitter really doesn't feel he can host.  I might not submit a list if I don't like the topic but I can compile data.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 08:54:23 PM »
I am going to submit top Laurel and Hardy films again, as it is a topic I am so familiar with that I could easily do write ups for every one of their films without needing  to do any research ( although I do have a library full of L&H books nearby, including the L&H Encyclopedia, for quick reference. ). Also, because it appears a lot of you haven't watched any of their films yet, and maybe if I keep submitting the topic it will prob some of you into finally watching them. ( And if you are thinking of watching a L&H film, please remember to start with their better films in the 20s and 30s and not the later films that Stan Laurel told his fans to avoid. ) Most of their movies are 20 minute shorts that are available for free on YouTube, so there is little excuse not to try a few of their films. I already posted links to the shorts ( and most of the feature films ) found on YouTube in this thread

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=5210.msg991915#msg991915

I would also be interested in hosting the topic Top 50 Classic Screen Comedians ( comedians who appeared in films prior to 1960, preferably slapstick comedians ) but would not be able to commit to a topic like that until at least the fall.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 186
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 10:33:19 PM »
Laurel and Hardy films?! I mean I'm not saying it's a bad idea but... did they really do 50 feature length films?

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 11:14:21 PM »
I am going to submit top Laurel and Hardy films again, as it is a topic I am so familiar with that I could easily do write ups for every one of their films without needing  to do any research ( although I do have a library full of L&H books nearby, including the L&H Encyclopedia, for quick reference. ). Also, because it appears a lot of you haven't watched any of their films yet, and maybe if I keep submitting the topic it will prob some of you into finally watching them. ( And if you are thinking of watching a L&H film, please remember to start with their better films in the 20s and 30s and not the later films that Stan Laurel told his fans to avoid. ) Most of their movies are 20 minute shorts that are available for free on YouTube, so there is little excuse not to try a few of their films. I already posted links to the shorts ( and most of the feature films ) found on YouTube in this thread

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=5210.msg991915#msg991915

I would also be interested in hosting the topic Top 50 Classic Screen Comedians ( comedians who appeared in films prior to 1960, preferably slapstick comedians ) but would not be able to commit to a topic like that until at least the fall.

You know what? I'm gonna vote for it. You seem so insistent on doing it it's only fair you get the chance.

Time to start binge watching.

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 06:47:24 AM »
Laurel and Hardy films?! I mean I'm not saying it's a bad idea but... did they really do 50 feature length films?

22 of their films were full length features. ( Not including four films they had extended guest starring roles in, the foreign language films, or the compilation films. ) But I would count all of their films, including their shorts which they made over 60 ( not including the 13 shorts they made together prior to officially becoming a team, and the four cameos they made in other shorts, and a couple of industrial films. ) Most Laurel & Hardy fans prefer their shorts over their feature films as the features were either bogged down with plot development or padded out, and the shorts got right to the comedy.  ( Abbott & Costello fans say the same thing, favoring their television series over their movies.  Three Stooges fans definitely prefer their shorts, but mostly because Columbia didn't put them in feature films until the 1950s after both Curly and Shemp were dead. Old Feature films often diluted the comedy of screen comedians, especially when they spent most of the film helping the couple in the B plot rom-com, and kept taking breaks for musical performances. )

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 12:36:12 PM »
While I'm not offering to run it, I'd like to see Top 50 Directors. Maybe I'll submit it later in the year. I run these at a rate of about one per year  :P

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2288
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 05:09:02 PM »
While I'm not offering to run it, I'd like to see Top 50 Directors. Maybe I'll submit it later in the year. I run these at a rate of about one per year  :P

Has that one been done yet? It would be a great once certainly.
FINE

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 07:54:14 PM »
I'll also just throw some ideas out there just in case somebody else is interested in hosting:
Top 50 Queen songs
Top 50 songs of the 80's

It's the 80s, do a lot of coke and vote for Ronald Reagen!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4368
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 05:43:34 AM »

Has that one been done yet? It would be a great once certainly.

Yes, but it was ages ago.  It's probably due for a redo.

Offline George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 06:33:41 AM »
I didn't participate in the first Directors list, so while I'd be down for that, we've done several re-dos of late and I'd like to tackle something brand spanking new.

And no offense intended, but I'd have to bow out on Laurel and Hardy. Try as I might I just can't get into them. Maybe I could put together a partial, about 5?