login

Author Topic: Ant-man and the Wasp *Spoilers* Thread  (Read 143 times)

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 216
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Ant-man and the Wasp *Spoilers* Thread
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »
Well I'm going to see Ant-man and the Wasp at 6:30 PM(MST) tonight, so for those of you who've seen it(or haven't and don't mind spoilers) and wish to discuss all the spoiler-y talk about it, feel free to post here in this thread! I just saw some ads on Facebook declaring it the best Marvel Sequel... really? Better than Winter Soldier? Civil War? Infinity War? I don't think so dear forum members!

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 216
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: Ant-man and the Wasp *Spoilers* Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »
Just got back from seeing it and... it was pretty good. Not stellar like Infinity War(as I suspected), but a respectable film. The good things were that I was never bored the entire run time, plus this time Michael Douglas had more to do in the movie. I suspect this is one of those films that gets better with each subsequent viewing. Oh and somehow, some way, I don't know what kind of deal Michelle Pfeiffer made with the dark one, but she still looks outstanding.

My ONLY hangup with the film is that I think some of the comedy just doesn't work. I can't think of any specific examples, but you'll probably be able to spot it when you hear it.

And... again, remember, this thread operates under the condition that YOU yourself have seen Ant-man and the Wasp from beginning to end, and by end I mean the VERY end past both end credit sequences... which leads me into two gut punches.

1st end credit sequence spoiler incoming...
First... we see that Hope, Janet, and Hank have all been reduced to ash.
2nd end credit sequence spoiler incoming....
these words appear on the screen:
Ant man and the Wasp will return? with the question mark appearing about 3 seconds after the words "Ant-Man and the Wasp will return"

I don't know what to say... I mean... geez!

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 11
Re: Ant-man and the Wasp *Spoilers* Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 01:34:15 AM »
B

I had fun.  It's a credit to Marvel that they've put together two decent Ant Man movies, when many of us years ago couldn't imagine how we could take the character seriously in live action.  Imagine the DCEU attempting this.

I only have one major complaint.  The arms dealer who renegs on the deal with Hope should have that one and only scene, yet he somehow spends the entire movie as a credible threat trying to steal the lab.  I suppose he's there so that we have an unredeemable villain (unlike Ghost) motivated only by money, but he really doesn't belong and brings nothing to the movie.  IMO it's ridiculous that this plain human with no notable powers/tech remains motivated (and capable) to screw with all the other more important factions despite being obviously outclassed.

As a minor complaint, the trailer spoiled too many awesome shots/moments, which Marvel usually doesn't do.