Author Topic: MST3K Live Tour 2018  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: MST3K Live Tour 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:50 AM »
I hope he's in the tour. I've met Joel already and it would be cool to meet Jonah. On the other hand, a chance to see Joel and the Bots reunited and riffing live is unprecedented in its own way...

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 11:47:17 AM »
Well, Joel riffed with Jonah and the bots on the last tour.
Really wish Joel would start recording these and releasing them as Netflix specials. Just seems like doing that would be an easy way to make an extra few dollars for the show. Maybe the equipment needed to record at Netflix quality would make it cost prohibitive, so next best thing would be selling DVDs equal to the Cinematic Titanic live releases. There's no way they were spending that much recording the Cinematic Titanic shows.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 01:05:34 PM »
Official live tour announcement coming June 1.

Hopefully some news on season 13 (and seasons 14 & 15) will be announced some time soon as well (that's me hoping for a multi-season announcement because I hate the uncertainty).

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »

Hopefully some news on season 13 (and seasons 14 & 15) will be announced some time soon as well (that's me hoping for a multi-season announcement because I hate the uncertainty).
What's your source on that? (I believe you, I just want to know where to look for news like this.)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2019, 07:07:13 PM »

What's your source on that? (I believe you, I just want to know where to look for news like this.)

There was an email and update from the Kickstarter campaign.

June 1 seems like a long time away to tease an announcement :P

BUT:

Of course, the end of our record doesn't mean the end of MST3K! We've got a lot more news abrewin', starting with our next big announcement on June 1 about the future of the live tour.

It doesn't seem to relate to new seasons, unless it is about new host.
FINE

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »

There was an email and update from the Kickstarter campaign.

June 1 seems like a long time away to tease an announcement :P

BUT:

Of course, the end of our record doesn't mean the end of MST3K! We've got a lot more news abrewin', starting with our next big announcement on June 1 about the future of the live tour.

It doesn't seem to relate to new seasons, unless it is about new host.

New host? Sure, why not? But how about a female host this time.