login

Author Topic: Now Available - Gammera the Invincible  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
Re: Now Available - Gammera the Invincible
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
That's good to hear. The Sandy Frank versions had such muddled and muddy prints. They aren't the versions I saw on tv as a kid so always felt like different movies. Looking forward to some fresh Americanized turtle.

I own five Gamera films on DVD, and they're all the early English dubs with alternate titles like DESTROY ALL PLANETS and WAR OF THE MONSTERS. Probably dubbed in Hong Kong. Since they were included in a collection set, I have often wondered if these dubbed versions are public domain, which is why I requested GAMMERA, THE INVINCIBLE. Hopefully GAMERA VS. MONSTER X will follow.

I'd love if they riffed the one they never did for MST where the little boys go into Gamera's body in a submarine (although there is a lot of stock footage in that one, isn't there, as in Godzilla's Revenge?) Do you happen to remember the title of that one?

GAMERA VS. JIGER (aka GAMERA VS. MONSTER X) (1970)

I don't recall a overuse of stock footage, much less any. You were probably thinking of GAMERA: SUPER MONSTER (1980).
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
Re: Now Available - Gammera the Invincible
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
Was just going to say "Monster X!" I remember that ol' bastard from the days of my childhood. At that time,  when X came out, it was a brand new movie to me. And yeah...I loved it.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot