Author Topic: "MST3K: The Singles Collection" is on DVD now!!!  (Read 381 times)

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
"MST3K: The Singles Collection" is on DVD now!!!
« on: May 22, 2018, 01:45:53 PM »
https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/mst3k-the-singles-collection?product_id=6707

The episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 included here were among the first to be released on DVD, but they were only released individually (or, in one case, paired) and not in the numbered and beloved volumes that would house episodes for nearly two decades. Behold, then, MST3K: The Singles Collection. Included here are the out-of-print loners, the misfits, less standoffish than reclusive, but no less deserving of love than any of the other episodes with a volume to call home. Don't look for a theme or pattern behind this collection. We're simply putting them back in print and under one roof for your enjoyment and to bring sweet relief to collectors of this glorious Cowtown puppet show.

The Crawling Hand
The Hellcats
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Eegah
I Accuse My Parents
Shorts Volume 3

* New Episode Introductions By Series Creator Joel Hodgson
* Man On Poverty Row: The Films Of Sam Newfield Featurette
* Don't Knock The Strock Featurette (Portrait Of The Director Of The Crawling Hand)
* MST Hour Wraps

Some are missing. Will there be a Volume 2 with the Mike episodes?
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2806
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: "MST3K: The Singles Collection" is on DVD now!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
Shout left them out because they're currently selling them as singles.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 180
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:56:29 AM »
Owned a couple of the original single releases but only had copies of some of the others, so I got this collection. Joel intros exactly what you expect from Joel intros- not bad, but he doesn't really say anything you haven't heard from him a hundred times before and not a reason to buy if you already own these as singles. Two Ballyho0 extras typical of the Ballyhoo director specific extras- both good but neither among the best of the Ballyho extras.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 733
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 11:41:16 AM »
What about picture quality?  How do they stack to the old Rhinos?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 01:10:17 PM »
I figure eventually this will go on sale for $20 or under and I'll buy it then. The only thing I don't own is Shorts Vol. 3, but I do have a bootleg.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 180
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 08:14:21 PM »
What about picture quality?  How do they stack to the old Rhinos?
Didn't watch all of the old Rhino releases, but cut to a few chapters of each of the Rhino discs and compared them to the same chapters on these Shout releases and while the Shout releases might have looked slightly better, I wouldn't swear to it- might have just been some wanting to justify my purchase of this new set. In other words, maybe no difference and if there is, it's not a great enough of a difference to justify purchasing this Shout set if you already own all the original Rhino singles.