login

Author Topic: The House on Sorority Row - Now Available!  (Read 1710 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 798
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
The House on Sorority Row - Now Available!
« on: May 18, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »
https://www.rifftrax.com/house-on-sorority-row

Whereas most slasher movies choose elderly, saggy retirement community members as their victims, The House on Sorority Row turns the genre upside down by instead murdering a bunch of attractive sorority girls!

When the evil and poorly dubbed house-mother Mrs. Slater discovers that her sorority girls are planning a party, she’s quick to cancel it. The girls respond in a perfectly reasonable manner: they force her into a swimming pool at gunpoint and pretend they’re going to murder her. (In their defense, the band they had hired had a non-refundable deposit.)

You’ll be surprised to learn that such a well thought out plan goes awry, and before you can say “I know what you did last summer” the girls are being picked off one by one by a mysterious killer with a clown obsession. Will any of them survive the night? Is Mrs. Slater really dead? And are we really meant to believe that a 23-year-old woman had a Garfield poster hanging up in her sorority dorm room? Find out when Mike, Kevin, and Bill riff the cult classic The House on Sorority Row!

https://www.rifftrax.com/house-on-sorority-row
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 806
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: The House on Sorority Row - Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »
Longest party ever put to film. Well, second longest after the Matrix: Reloaded rave.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 315
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
Love the vintage video box design of the rifftrax poster above. One of the best yet.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 798
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 07:43:53 AM »
Can anyone confirm if this one is uncut?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:08:46 AM »
Rifftrax says it's 90 minutes and IMDB 91 (but who trusts IMDB?). So maybe one minute cut?

And I just looked at the poster again and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a paperback book or not. Which would be really cool too.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 806
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 10:53:05 AM »
Can anyone confirm if this one is uncut?

There is some nudity in it. I assume if they were going to cut anything it would be that.

And yeah, that box art cover is pretty cool.

Also, this is a good riff. I usually don't enjoy riffs of slasher movies, but this movie was just so stupid.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 645
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »
This one is uncut. We made an edited version but there was some confusion and the guys wrote/recorded to the uncut. Since the funny was already made, it was released as is.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 06:39:25 AM »
Not to come off as too much of a perv, but I think the uncut release is a great fit for this genre of movie: a slasher from this era needs some nudity to fit the formula. Having that removed would not just be prudish, but would also work against the "punish the lewd" message that underlies them - they are basically the morality plays of that time and require it.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 07:16:48 AM »
This one is uncut. We made an edited version but there was some confusion and the guys wrote/recorded to the uncut. Since the funny was already made, it was released as is.

Well, I know I always feel very confused when there is no nudity in a movie. Especially a slasher flick.

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
I have been buying the Rifftrax from this year and they are missing something the ones from a few years ago and before used to have: Kevin's goofy songs. I hoped when I grabbed this latest, this would change. It didn't. Oh, I miss those.

This also was the most non-collegiate, non-sorority house building like, ever, which I found funny in and of itself. The swimming pool was scarier than the crazy old lady.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2743
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
This was a tremendously fun Riff. Possibly because the movie was more watchable than many have been lately :P
FINE

Offline Anarchemist

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 01:20:51 AM »
I really loved this one (Thanks to Tubi for having about 80 Rifftrax to choose from!).
It really is sort of a classic of the genre. The thing that I found funniest about this one is that I was sure there was a big twist or reveal coming at the end, and I was so totally wrong. No twist, no real explanation and, in some ways, no real ending. I don't know why, but whether it's Sidehackers or Zindy, an ending that feels too abrupt and doesn't explain anything almost always makes me laugh. This was no exception!  And thus begins my official Halloween viewing for 2019.
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.