Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers thread*  (Read 4575 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6817
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers thread*
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2018, 04:43:55 PM »
i think you should petition your government to call it, by law, infinity war two, electric boogaloo.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5644
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
So a couple of "titles" have leaked online.  One is Avengers: End Game.  The other is Avengers: Annihilation. Thoughts?
Neither of those is a spoiler, which would be the only reason they kept the title a secret. I'm thinking something like Nebula's Revenge, or Whoops All Carnages.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3549
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
So a couple of "titles" have leaked online.  One is Avengers: End Game.  The other is Avengers: Annihilation. Thoughts?
Neither of those is a spoiler, which would be the only reason they kept the title a secret. I'm thinking something like Nebula's Revenge, or Whoops All Carnages.

I think Annihilation makes perfect sense.  It's a great description for what happened at the end of Infinity War, and it could also hint at the appearance of Annihilus.  It is also the title of a series in the comics, which many of the movie subtitles do.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2018, 08:57:37 AM »

I think Annihilation makes perfect sense.  It's a great description for what happened at the end of Infinity War, and it could also hint at the appearance of Annihilus.  It is also the title of a series in the comics, which many of the movie subtitles do.
I think after Mortal Kombat: Annihilation that subheading should be avoided at all costs.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 513
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
I think that it will also be a title unique to the MCU, not something generic.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3549
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »
The trailer description that comes with the Annihilation rumor seems pretty cool:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems very
heavy.  Which I'm down with.  Especially if they are visiting

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
Annihilation seems very likely to me.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2018, 09:30:08 AM »
I grant you there is a possibility that it could be titled Annihilation. However, I also don't think they'd be holding onto the title this long without good reason. Someone either here or on FB said the title could possibly contain a major spoiler. That REALLY makes me wonder. However, of all the title guesses(all 14 million of them), one of them has to be right.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2018, 04:48:12 PM »
I grant you there is a possibility that it could be titled Annihilation. However, I also don't think they'd be holding onto the title this long without good reason. Someone either here or on FB said the title could possibly contain a major spoiler. That REALLY makes me wonder. However, of all the title guesses(all 14 million of them), one of them has to be right.

But what could it be a spoiler for? If it's in the movie, are they not going to announce the title till after the movie is out? If it's Captain Marvel, will they really not advertise it at all before CM has been a out a few weeks? That leaves very little time before it comes out in the cinema.

No, I think they just want people speculating about the title and talking about the movie to build hype.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2018, 07:45:21 PM »
I seem to remember one of the Russos saying that they've overhyped the title a bit and it may be a bit disappointing.

If it IS something spoilery, but- like Grug said- not SO spoilery that they can never reveal it, I can only imagine it has to do with a specific comic book arc that the fans would recognize. Avengers: Disassembled, or Avengers: Fear Itself, or what-have-you.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2018, 03:43:02 PM »
I just had a horrible thought. What if they call it the Avengers Holiday special then move it to Christmas 2019???

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2018, 03:51:37 PM »
I just had a horrible thought. What if they call it the Avengers Holiday special then move it to Christmas 2019???
It would be worth it for the universe to be saved by a singing CGI Bea Arthur.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »
It would be worth it for the universe to be saved by a singing CGI Bea Arthur.
I think I'd much rather see the Real Bea Arthur. However, doing so would require my hiring some Necromancers.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2018, 04:24:19 PM »
Watch as Bea Arthur sings to try to get the Avengers to leave her Schwarma restaurant at closing time.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »
Did anyone else notice Winter soldier's... I mean White Wolf's reaction to Rocket? He was just kind of like "Hey, a talking raccoon with a gun, well, considering all the effed up stuff I've seen today, that's not really all that weird."