login

Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers thread*  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5397
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers thread*
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »
Black Panther and Spider-Man disappearing were the most unexpected. Especially since they already have a planned Spider-Man sequel in the works (not including the CGI Sony movie). But it was clear they were deliberately using it to elicit the most emotion out of the audience. And for comics fans like myself it just further showed that they were definitely going to undo the deaths (at least most of them) in the next Avengers movie. Hell, they even showed how that's possible since we see Thanos do it with the Time Gem to Vision. Bold yes, but to the smart moviegoer it shows their hand.
That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3517
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 02:17:58 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OrnpSe4OChM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OrnpSe4OChM</a>

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3517
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 02:23:15 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fPH9bTTXfBc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fPH9bTTXfBc</a>

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 354
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2018, 08:40:10 PM »
Hawkeye was under house arrest, where did they say Ant Man was?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2455
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2018, 08:46:46 PM »
Hawkeye was under house arrest, where did they say Ant Man was?

Same. He took the same deal
FINE

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 354
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 10:36:33 PM »
Ah ok.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 291
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2018, 11:47:11 AM »
I guess that's not a bad deal, all things considered. I'm just curious as to what will happen in the post credits scene for Ant-man and the Wasp...

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »
What if the only character from the Defenders shows affected by the end of Infinity War is Danny Rand though? And also The Inhumans never happened.

Wait, maybe Scott Buck is dust now?
FINE

Online CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 557
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2018, 06:05:05 PM »
holy shit. I was expecting this movie to be bleak, but not this bleak. Even the usual comedy elements we've come to expect from Marvel have been toned don't.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
death had be tearing up. And then the whole heart breaking last 15 minutes. No, No this can't be happening  :speechless:

I just hope they don't screw it up with some Time Travel reset button bullshit later down the road. As it stands now, this is the best Avengers movie to date, hands down.

One last thing. I can't be the only person who kept chatting "Cut his arms off you idiots.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm totally stoked that Infinity Wars(as of this moment) is currently sitting pretty at the number 15 spot on the IMDB's top 250. About 2 weeks ago it made it's appearance in the top 10. But 15 is a pretty nice spot to have(even if it slipped down a few slots), considering none of the other MCU movies have been bestowed the honor of getting(and staying) on the top 250. Certainly a few of them may have started on the prestigious list someplace but AFAIK they have a rating of less than 8.0 out of 10 so they are all now out of the running.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5397
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
I wonder when we will find out the name of the next Infinity War movie title. It's supposed to be a spoiler, so I'm guessing Nebula's Revenge or something like that.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »
I wonder when we will find out the name of the next Infinity War movie title. It's supposed to be a spoiler, so I'm guessing Nebula's Revenge or something like that.
Well, I've heard the title is supposedly going to scare the hell out of us all but that could just be a rumor. It could just as well be called Avengers: Disassembled or The Last Avenger(meaning Captain Marvel perhaps) or... let's not kid around, there is a whole universe of possible titles. 

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6672
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2018, 05:27:38 PM »
thanos is kinda stupid, right? someone in this thread must've said that already? the universe is not finite, resources are not finite, killing half the population would do nothing since population growth is exponential. the reason it might sound reasonable is the inequitable distribution we have here on earth. we could easily support massive populations if we were a bit better at sharing.

otherwise: really enjoyable movie. looking forward to how it gets resolved. i'm still assuming it'll be squirrel girl.
dF = 0
d*F = J

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2018, 05:36:59 PM »
I've seen that take a lot, and I agree he is wrong, but I also think it's perfectly reasonable to have a character who believes that.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2018, 10:38:05 PM »
I don't think anyone rational would ever agree with Thanos's methods. After all, he is a Mad Titan, but when you've seen your methodology work before on a planetary scale, it tends to make you believe your own hype, even if it is towards it's most extreme possibilities.