login

Author Topic: Explain  (Read 825 times)

Offline JusSonic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
Explain
« on: March 27, 2018, 12:39:01 PM »
Uh, can someone tell me what the Sam Hill is happening in this movie? I presumed it's a monster film...but then some Wild West stuff gets involved, a dog gets shot at and pretends to be dead, a African American gets framed for an attack and was almost lynched, and at the end, everyone went out of their mind! So what the crap is going on?!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 262
Re: Explain
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:04:53 AM »
Uh, can someone tell me what the Sam Hill is happening in this movie?
There's some Wild West stuff, a dog gets shot at and pretends to be dead, an African American gets framed for an attack and was almost lynched, and at the end everyone went out of their mind!

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 03:36:43 PM »
My guess, as explained on the other post: Director drives through Virginia City, NV and thinks "Wow, what a perfect place to shoot a Western!" Gathers together some collaboration partners. Somehow, said partners, or at least one of two who are too important to making the film happen not to listen to, aren't interested in Westerns. They manage to tweak the script to include Ridiculous Sheep Thing, and by then, no one gives a damn enough to try in the least to make it work on any level. Not even a psychedelic one...😖
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »
Uh, can someone tell me what the Sam Hill is happening in this movie? I presumed it's a monster film...but then some Wild West stuff gets involved, a dog gets shot at and pretends to be dead, a African American gets framed for an attack and was almost lynched, and at the end, everyone went out of their mind! So what the crap is going on?!

Untalented hacks tried to make a movie. While this happens often, few are as godawful as this.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 174
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 07:18:06 AM »
I feel all of your pain. Or at the very least, all of your bewilderment. If it's supposed to be a Western, there are so many anachronisms. If it's supposed to be a Wild-west-themed Theme Park à la Westworld, nobody in the script ever said so. A lot of people give movies like The Wizard crap for being a confusing mess but that movie is a coherent Citizen Kane compared to this weird-o-rama.