Author Topic: Now Available - Godmonster of Indian Flats  (Read 1796 times)

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 292
Re: Now Available - Godmonster of Indian Flats
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 07:38:08 PM »
This had to be the worst "monster" I've ever seen. I think you have to feel more sorry for it than scared or frightened.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »
This was one I had to buy the moment it was released, because it looked like it was going to be one of those 1969-ish Weirdfilmz that I cant get enough of, riffs or no riffs. On that level, I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't psychedelic-weird so much as someone went driving through Virginia City and thought "Gee, this would make a perfect backdrop for a Western movie!" And someone else necessary to the process of making this project a reality wasn't interested in Westerns, so they threw In Baa Baa Schlock Sheep. Great riffing saved it from being a bore. But that's just me.

Oh, hi. I haven't been around for two years. Finally got a laptop that's pleasant enough to do things with. 😀

First, welcome back :)

Second, yeah that seems like an accurate assessment. Much of the movie looks like an actual town festival that someone took footage of and thought "How can I make this into a movie?"

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 08:25:49 PM »
This had to be the worst "monster" I've ever seen. I think you have to feel more sorry for it than scared or frightened.

The "Godmonster" is the most sympathetic character in the whole movie. Everyone else is either a moron, an asshole, or both.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »
I suspect someone took a script writing class. Turned this in. Was promptly failed, and said, "Oh yeah? I'll show you. I'll make this into a movie and people will love it." And it wasn't Tommy Wiseau.

When I look back on the terrible movies rifftrax has done, this might be one of the most incoherent, horrible done yet.

And Barnstable was apparently Honest John in the 'Jack and Beanstalk' Ice Cream Bunny Live one. surprised there wasnt' a reference to it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:27:28 PM by dbsommer »

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »

The "Godmonster" is the most sympathetic character in the whole movie. Everyone else is either a moron, an asshole, or both.

And it isn't even a character. It's just a shag carpet someone threw out and they salvaged and threw around a bit.

It had a dog in it. I'm going with it being the most sympathetic character for me. Either than or the slot machine at the start.